Rolex 24

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
DSKSMini

Rolex 24

Post by DSKSMini »

Did anyone else watch the Rolex 24 at Daytona this weekend? Those Carbon Silicon brakes lit up like a radiant heater at every corner. Very impressive at night. I thought they had lights on the rotors the first time they showed it. Impressed that they can make pads that can handle that kind of heat without just burning through them.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Rolex 24

Post by Minidave »

yes.....

I've been to the race once before and I'd like to go again, this year's race looked like a good one to attend too!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I watched the last couple of hours but have never been there in person. Enjoyed going to Kansas Speedway last summer to watch similar cars in person on the new road course. :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

One of the Rolex winners (don't ask me the class) is from Leawood, Scott Tucker. It seems there was a contested finish and the officials named Tuckers team the winners. Car #555, a Ferrari I think.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
DSKSMini

Post by DSKSMini »

I think it was the 555 that got DQ'd. Avoidable contact although they never actually touched. That was a pretty dramatic finish. GTD I think.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

They were later reinstated as the winners.....as they should have been.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)