Got My Curb Fixed.......at Last!

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Got My Curb Fixed.......at Last!

Post by Minidave »

As anyone who was at the last shop day can attest, the curb in front of my drive had gotten to the point where it was almost impassible, all but the very left end was eroded away, in some places as deep as a foot. My before pics don't adequately show how bad it was, but suffice to say most classic Minis just about got swallowed up trying to get into my drive!

I had called a few times before, but finally I went over to city hall on Monday and spoke you a young lady in the public works dept, and gave her my whole story. They've patched it several times in the past by spraying some tar/pea gravel mix into the holes, but as I explained to the PW employee, the first good rain we have just washes that out again since I'm on a hill.

I was surprised to see a crew show up today - 3 dump trucks, two towing flatbed trailers, one with a Bobcat on it and the other with a bunch of Bobcat attachments. Also the tar and hot patch truck, a city supervisor's truck and I think one more.....yep, they sent a 10 man crew to fix my curb!

And fix it they did. They attached a milling machine to the Bobcat and milled out to an even depth - about 14" to my driveway and about 3ft out. Then they attached a sweeper to the Bobcat to clean up all the millings while several of the guys got busy with shovels cleaning out the debris and throwing it into the street for the Bobcat to sweep up. Once that was all done they sprayed down a nice coating of binder tar, then laid in the hot patch. They spent a lot of time and effort raking it out evenly and smooth yet still allowing enough grade to let the water run in the curb, then they used a powered roller to tamp it down and smooth it out. The whole job took about 2 hours and I think it turned out pretty well. Now I can get Buzz in and out of the drive without losing a wheel in the hole!
Attachments
IMG_2985R.jpg
IMG_2985R.jpg (173.35 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
IMG_2986R.jpg
IMG_2986R.jpg (219.15 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
IMG_2987R.jpg
IMG_2987R.jpg (154.41 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
IMG_2995R.jpg
IMG_2995R.jpg (151.2 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
IMG_2996RR.jpg
IMG_2996RR.jpg (208.37 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Got My Curb Fixed.......at Last!

Post by boxer »

WOW ! :ds:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Better, huh?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I'm impressed!!! :thumbsup2: :cheers: :chugchug:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Yay, now we won't grind the air dams on the curb anymore.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

Very nice! I'll admit, I almost cut through the yard last weekend to avoid it :shock:
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps