Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

yesterday 6.10 at the verizon store in the barrytowne shopping center (in KC? Gladstone? not sure) i was parked next to a EB MCS with matching roof - kansas plates, and lotsa bug guts all over the windshield.

wonder if this was the person next to me at customer service trying to get their phone fixed - and hoping they had more luck than i did! :(
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Spotted: Three, yes three! MINIs in one spot. BRG/B MC, I believe HB/B (didn't get a good look to confirm IB or HB) MCS and B/W MC with checker roof all at the Scottish Highland games at the riverfront park near the Argosy on Saturday about 10 am - 2pm. With my baby there it made four of us in one small parking area. I thought it very appropriate to have four MINIs at that particular function! :lol:
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

I actually spotted two in the wild Saturday afternoon around
4:30 ish. A DS/B NB on K7 near Bonner, and a HB/W SB. I
honked at the HB/W, and the lady looked at me like I was a freak
or something. (No comments, please). 8)
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

I'm a bit behind on these...good thing for recording devices!

5/23 17:11 Red MC, red roof, travelling Eastbound K-10 on East side of Evening Star Rd. Exit

5/26 15:06 Black MCS, black roof, travelling Westbound 119th St at Black Bob Rd.

6/13 18:01 Dark Silver MC, white roof with Sunroof, travelling Eastbound K-10 at De Soto

6/21 17:28 Red MCS conv. white bonnets, travelling Eastbound K-10 at K-7

6/21 17:30 Red MC, white roof, white bonnets, travelling Eastbound K-10 at Cedar Creek Rd. exit.

6/21 17:45 Orange MC conv, travelling Eastbound K-10 just East of Lawrence.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I put a business card on a red MCS with stars and stripes on the roof. This was at the Toys-r-Us on Barryroad.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I work downtown around 9th and Walnut area and there are two - a silver MCS and a blue MCS - that park in the same garage. I've never seen them moving - always parked :cry:
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

hctiev wrote:I work downtown around 9th and Walnut area and there are two - a silver MCS and a blue MCS - that park in the same garage. I've never seen them moving - always parked :cry:
Slap a business card on their windshields. Maybe they will show up and DRIVE!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

Maybe they will show up and DRIVE!!
I do believe the verb is "motor", old chap. :)
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

mzupon wrote:
Maybe they will show up and DRIVE!!
I do believe the verb is "motor", old chap. :)
You are correct.

Cheers!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

6/22 19:30 Silver Cooper w. black bonnets, travelling Southbound on Strang Line and 119th.

6/22 20:00 Hyper Blue, white bonnets, roof and sunroof, travelling Eastbound K-10 East of Lawrence.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

In Liberty???

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I can't believe it but I came across another MINI in Liberty around 6:30 tonight. I have few details because I was shocked...couldn't tell you if it was a JustaCooper or an "S" but it was definitely red and driving down Wellington. Personalized plates but no recollection of what they said...four people in the car, all waving. What a treat!

Also saw a gold/black on 435 today around 5:30, heading North near the river bridge. Sorry you were stuck in the construction traffic. :(

Johnna
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

07/12/2006 16:38 BRG, whiteroof and sunroof, turning West at 119th and Renner Road.

07/12/2006 16:42 Hyper Blue, white bonnets, Union Jack roof (Boo Yah!) in Target parking lot at 119th and Strang Line.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Sunday 7-16

10:20 am
Northbound I 29 - silver -black Cooper - new paper tags followed me, then passed.

same time, just south of Barry Road on I 29 - southbound Cooper (S?) Red - Union Jack roof - think it was Todd....
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

matti the mini wrote:Sunday 7-16

10:20 am
Northbound I 29 - silver -black Cooper - new paper tags followed me, then passed.

same time, just south of Barry Road on I 29 - southbound Cooper (S?) Red - Union Jack roof - think it was Todd....
Nope. Wasn't me.
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Multiple sightings in downtown Parkville today!

Around 10:30 this morning, there were 3 MINIs parked on Main Street in Parkville (4 including me!). A purple MCS, a Red with white stripes MCS and a BRG parked just around the corner. I almost felt like I was back at the Dragon with so many other MINIs parked in a one block area. 8)

Johnna
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I got so excited about seeing multiple MINIs in Parkville on Wednesday that I momentarily forgot my Monday and Tuesday sightings!

Monday evening around 9:15, MCS in some dark color on the exit ramp from I-35 onto 152 East in Liberty. Once we reached the first stoplight, I honked and waved while they stared at me. Does no one wave in this town anymore?

Esmter was spotted at 291 and 152 in Liberty Tuesday late afternoon. That was us waving at you from the Scion. :)
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

07/20/06 18:26 Red MINI Cooper, White stripes and roof, sunroof. Parking lot of Borders at 119th and Strang Line (carded).
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Esmter

Post by Esmter »

That was us waving at you from the Scion
i wave! even at people in cars other than a mini :P
heffsmini

Post by heffsmini »

Hi Johnna Posting a little late, but we were on Wellington waving.
Since you saw our Chili red S, Todd did some excellent graphic work. Will post a pic when we figure out how. Phil & Sharon
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

heffsmini wrote:Hi Johnna Posting a little late, but we were on Wellington waving.
Since you saw our Chili red S, Todd did some excellent graphic work. Will post a pic when we figure out how. Phil & Sharon
Don't worry about posting a pic--just come to the next MINI meet to show off your new graphics! It would be great to have another Northlander in the mix!

Johnna
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

chili red MC with a white roof - today 7/31 around 8 pm driving north on 291 in Liberty. i was behind you!
KC MCS
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by KC MCS »

Seems like there are a whole lotta MINI's 'out there' whose owners aren't 'in here'!

And a whole lotta those owner's don't wave or flash! :roll:
'05 MCS CR/B, Bonnet/Boot Stripes, Prem/Sport/Cold, Panther Leather, CR Dash/Doors, 17" Web Spokes, Alta CAI, Ultrik 15% Pulley, NGK Iridium Plugs
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

KC MCS wrote:Seems like there are a whole lotta MINI's 'out there' whose owners aren't 'in here'!

And a whole lotta those owner's don't wave or flash! :roll:
True--but I did get a big thumbs up from a biker this morning. :lol:

And my next sighting: LY MCS in Lawrence this afternoon, checkered roof and mirrors, FUNSTUF plate....oh yeah, he waved! :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I've started to make it a point to flash. Since it's so hot, my tinted windows are up and nobody can see me wave.

And I agree, there seem to be a whole bunch of Minis that aren't part of this group - why?
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

It was a Motoring kind of day...

Orange MCSc on 151st headed East around 5:15 tonight (I won't tell anyone you were motoring with the top up if you won't tell anyone I was, too. :wink: )

LY MCS with a Union Jack roof at 143rd and Antioch tonight at 8:30.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.