Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Tuesday pm - eastbound on Hwy 58 in Raymore (fixed from Raytown :)) - BRG w/yellow center stripes - oh wait that is "petek". Rolled down the window and waved... didn't know if he recoginzed me - I have a bike rack on the top right now.

Also Saturday afternoon - about 3:00 - northbound on Metcalf between 92 and 87th....- red with british flag on roof.

edited for location
Last edited by matti the mini on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
petek

Post by petek »

Yup that was me... but we were in Raymore, not Raytown. :)

Kinda funny as I had the tunes turned up quite loud in the MINI, rockin' out. Next thing I know there is another MINI along side with folks waiving. It wasn't until you were past that I recognized you!

How well does the roof-top bike rack work for you?
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Raymore, Raytown.... aren't they almost the same.

Yes, the bike rack is working great.... I need to reposition it a little. I have the bike attachment that when you put the bike on the roof, you don't have to remove the front wheel.

It puts the bike up really high, almost too high to go through the drive through at a fast food place.
Bentley

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Sighted: one bright yellow counterfeit MINI (otherwise known as a Scion xB) with stripes, meatballs, blower, sidepipes, and wing going NB on 435 near the Kansas Ave. exit about 11:40 am 8/4/05. :wink:
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

speed_racer wrote:Sighted: one bright yellow counterfeit MINI (otherwise known as a Scion xB) with stripes, meatballs, blower, sidepipes, and wing going NB on 435 near the Kansas Ave. exit about 11:40 am 8/4/05. :wink:
I bet that thing was pushing at least 70HP!!!! :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

No - a big 74 HP at the wheels, thankyouverymuch. No wonder you didn't wave at me - It must have been so mind-boggling you didn't see me right behind it! :shock: :D
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

ylwjkt wrote:No wonder you didn't wave at me - It must have been so mind-boggling you didn't see me right behind it! :shock: :D
Doh! I didn't even see you. :oops: Truth be told, despite the fact that the Scion is as eye-catching as it is, I barely saw it. I wasn't paying attention to that side of the highway. How 'bout this - I'm waving to you now. :lol:

Oh, and I put a card on the Silk Green Cooper that lives near me. I finally saw it at the grocery store on Monday afternoon instead of zipping around town. Now to see if they make contact. 8)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Spotted in Liberty

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Today, around 3:30ish, PW/B MC(S?) at the Liberty Drive/Mill Street split. I was in the Ivory Classic waving wildly at you while you pointed at me. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Saturday - 12:35 pm - westbound 58 hwy in Raymore/Belton area - just west of 71. I was headed east.

Light Blue Mini - bonnet stripes - didn't notice if there were boot stripes - I think it was speed racer, but didn't get a great look.
Bentley

formerly:
NewMini

Post by NewMini »

Yellow MC with white roof at Lees Summit - the only one I've seen at Amli.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Last night at Zonarosa, a Black classic parked right behind me. Needless to say, two classics create quite a stir. I think I am going to start charging for photo ops of my Mini. :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

MiniManiac wrote:Last night at Zonarosa, a Black classic parked right behind me. Needless to say, two classics create quite a stir. I think I am going to start charging for photo ops of my Mini. :)
You should have hollered--we would have zipped over to make it 3! We were at Zona Rosa for the Disney store grand opening but in the early AM so we missed the Mini fun. :(

There's a great place for a photo beside the British phone booth at Zona Rosa. With a Classic Mini, an Austin Powers costume and that phone booth, you could make a fortune charging for photos. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:Last night at Zonarosa, a Black classic parked right behind me. Needless to say, two classics create quite a stir. I think I am going to start charging for photo ops of my Mini. :)
You should have hollered--we would have zipped over to make it 3! We were at Zona Rosa for the Disney store grand opening but in the early AM so we missed the Mini fun. :(

There's a great place for a photo beside the British phone booth at Zona Rosa. With a Classic Mini, an Austin Powers costume and that phone booth, you could make a fortune charging for photos. :lol:
I didn't know there was a UK phone booth. I will have to make it up there. Next time, I will give you guys a call. I will bring my polaroid and we can charge $5 for a photo by the Minis. :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

Just got back from visiting family up near Seattle.

One day we went up to Vancouver to see how the other half lives, and apparently the other half lives MINI. I didn't have my voice recorder so I couldn't get all the details, but I saw at least 15 in the four hours we were driving about. Definitely MINI country up there.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

matti the mini wrote:Saturday - 12:35 pm - westbound 58 hwy in Raymore/Belton area - just west of 71. I was headed east.

Light Blue Mini - bonnet stripes - didn't notice if there were boot stripes - I think it was speed racer, but didn't get a great look.
Yup, that was me! I had just noticed you and waved as a big truck went in between us. Oops. :roll: I even turned to my husband and said "I think that was Matti the MINI"!
NewMini

Post by NewMini »

I see these two MINIs ever day and I am not sure if they are registered here. Both are close to the 470 and Douglas junction in Lees Summit.

BRG MCS with black bonnet stripes at Business Exchange

R/W MC near KC Mediquips
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

There are several MINIs that live in Lee's Summit that aren't registered here and that don't wave even! There's a SG/B on Ward that I've left a card on but never seen at a meeting or heard from, there's a JB/W (or AB, I can't tell) near my house off of Ward that never waves, ever. Then there is another JB/W (or AB) with a Harley sticker in the rear window that I see all the time at 3rd and 50 Hwy and she also never waves. :roll: I guess some people just buy a MINI to have transportation. :shock:
petek

Post by petek »

Not to add too much thread entropy to this thread... but speaking of waiving to other MINIs... have you ever had to pull your hand down while waiving at another MINI because you weren't in your MINI? (Yes I have, at least twice!) :)
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

especially when in a rental car - ford taurus or similar :(

the other MINI driver looks at you really strange... maybe we can make a sign that says my other car is a MINI to wave with...
Bentley

formerly:
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Irony on Wheels

Post by mzupon »

I wish I'd gotten a picture of this, but my camera was in the boot.

Yesterday I was behind a Pontiac Solstice with Florida personalized plate of "I SOL" inside a "Let's Motor" plate frame. I can only think of four scenarios for this turn of events, from best to worst:

1. Their other car is a MINI and they can't bear to be parted from it.
2. They wanted a MINI but couldn't find one in Florida.
3. They think they bought a Pontiac MINI Solstice.
4. They're trying to steal our slogan.

Any ideas on how I should address this if I ever see it again?
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

It was a stellar MINI day yesterday, as I only see other MINIs on
the road when I'm not driving mine. Spied in Gardner (gasp!)
right at the corner of Moonlight and Main about 1:30 PM was a CR/B
MC. A non-waver. :cry: Then another at College and Pflumm in Lenexa
about 15 minutes later! A HB/W MCS followed me NB to SantaFe. I
was waving furiously - then thought I probably looked like I was trying
to get a bee out of the car. :oops: Luckily, he waved back. :)
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Anyone in Baltimore MD this week?

I was driving around there yesterday afternoon - and it seemed that everywhere I looked I saw MINI's!

BRG - GOLD - RED - Dark Silver - everywhere!!!!
Bentley

formerly:
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

i was back in boston last week for work and I saw dozens. easy to parallel park!
autobot_mini

Post by autobot_mini »

speed_racer wrote:Sighted: one bright yellow counterfeit MINI (otherwise known as a Scion xB) with stripes, meatballs, blower, sidepipes, and wing going NB on 435 near the Kansas Ave. exit about 11:40 am 8/4/05. :wink:
This guy is Levi. He is my sisters scion club. she has an xB too. the side pipes on that xb actually work and he has a mini too.
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

autobot_mini wrote:
This guy is Levi. He is my sisters scion club. she has an xB too. the side pipes on that xb actually work and he has a mini too.

I bet that MINI looks eerily like mine. :shock: :shock:
Your sister wouldn't happen to be Stephanie, would she?