Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

5/6/06 11:57 Black convertible, black top, Westbound on Lamar at the I-435 interchange.

5/6/06 13:15 2003 Chili Red/White MCS, Premium, Sport, Rally lights, Boot Stripes, Full Roof UJ, ProMINI CAI, 15% Alta pulley, Milltek Sport exhaust, Kingsborne fire braided plug wires, in a parking lot at Johnson Dr. and Nall (Hi Todd, hope you enjoyed your lunch!)

5/6/06 16:05-16:12 Black MC, white roof. Played wingman with this beauty starting along Southbound I-35 at Lamar all the way onto Westbound K-10 and Renner Rd.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

too many to count... but for the last 4 days I've seen nothing but MINI's on the Dragon!

I'll be back in KC tuesday so start looking for me again!
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I'm with Bentley on too many to count BUT on the way back from the Dragon, we saw two MINIs (one near Paducah and one in StL) that didn't wave. Talk about weird MINI wave-withdrawal after being with 400 MINIs for several days and then to be snubbed! :o

Here's my recent spotting report, albeit an odd one. While at the Dragon, I saw 3 Silk Green MINIs, 1 Velvet Red and no fewer than 7 classic Minis. I'd guess that at least 10% of the MINIs in attendance were Cabrios.

Johnna
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

ragtopday wrote:I'm with Bentley on too many to count BUT on the way back from the Dragon, we saw two MINIs (one near Paducah and one in StL) that didn't wave. Talk about weird MINI wave-withdrawal after being with 400 MINIs for several days and then to be snubbed! :o

Johnna

At the Dragon they would even wave at times they should have had both hands on the wheel!
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

I did see a MINI in Jackson, TN last night that waved extremely enthusiasticly... like they don't see MINI's there very often!

It was a 2 hand wave.
Bentley

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
ylwjkt

Post by ylwjkt »

I saw a MINI in Winterset, Iowa yesterday!
That town is so small it doesn't even have a grocery store - but
it has a CR MINI. :shock:
hctiev

Two Yellows

Post by hctiev »

5/9 I followed a yellow Mini west on Lackman in Lenexa today only to have another yellow Mini pass me going east on Lackman at SM Pkwy. Lemon drops everywhere!
cletus

Post by cletus »

I had a fun encounter Friday night as the wife and I exited a local restaurant to find a large bearded fellow and his wife admiring the Tardis. Turns out he's the prez of the Las Vegas MINI group, sponsors of AMVIV. Unfortunately, he was driving a rental so I didn't get to see his ride, but we did have a nice chat about various MINI topics.
tfiedler

Post by tfiedler »

Saw a Blue convertible in the Richard's Sun Fresh IGA parking lot earlier this week.

Also, my son told me that someone else in our subdivision has a MINI as well.... so, does anyone else live in Blue Mills off 24?
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Friday 5-12 - silver MINI - bonnet stripes - headed south on 71 - first exit off of Grandview Triangle about 8:00 am.
Bentley

formerly:
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

05/14/06 11:30 LY Cooper S, yellow roof, travelling Westbound on 23rd St @ Haskell.

05/16/06 11:52 Silver Cooper S, black roof, travelling Southbound on Metcalf @ I-435.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

LY S Cabrio spotted in the Whole Foods parking lot yesterday

DS/B S on 435 near Wornall on Mother's Day around 11:30 a.m.--really cute dog in the passenger seat!
hctiev

Minis

Post by hctiev »

I've seen this one twice now. I can't tell if it's a MC or MCS, but it looks like it is painted or masked as advertisement? The whole car including the windows.

It's tough to see because I'm usually blazing down I-70 and it's probably going just as fast the other way. Let me tell you it's really tough to describe going by at 140+ (70+ one way and 70+ the other - for those doing the math) :lol:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Minis

hctiev wrote:I've seen this one twice now. I can't tell if it's a MC or MCS, but it looks like it is painted or masked as advertisement? The whole car including the windows.
Is the car blue and yellow? It could be one of the MINIs from Cartridge World at 91st and Metcalf. I think they have a Cooper and an "S"...I've noticed two parked there sometimes. If they would add a cabrio, they would have the whole set. :)
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

You may have hit the nail on the head. I'm not 100% sure - again it's kind of hard to tell passing like that. It has the full advert/mask thing going on - so I'm sure it's a "corporate mini".
Esmter

Post by Esmter »

04/29/06 10:29 Pepper White, whiteroof, 9th and Tennessee St., Lawrence
I think that was me! New MINI owner here, an '04 pepper white. We (the boyfriend and I) were in Lawrence to see friends play at the Bottleneck.

we're originally from Ma and Ca - new to Liberty, Mo - so far so good. My present for moving to the midwest was the car i wanted rather than the car that would get me out of the driveway after it snowed 30" overnight. :lol:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Welcome to Liberty! It's great to have another MINI in town!!! :)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I spotted a blue MK1 Classic Mini driving West on HWY 45. I wanted to pull a U-turn and track her down, but there was no place to turn around :(. It was a very nice looking Mini.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

05/30/06 07:00 Red Mini Clubman, Southbound at Renner and College Blvd. Fortunately, it seems that this car's owner, Jeff, works right across the street from me, so I was able to follow him and have a bit of a quick chat. He said he'd been to the forums before, but had not dropped by in a while. I let him know we have an event coming up and that I hoped he'd be able to stop by. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed.
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

EB/W MCS with white wheels on the Gary Crossley Ford lot in Liberty. :(

My guess is that this is the '02 or '03 that lived near the square in Liberty. How sad if the owners gave it away for a Ford!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Today around 3:45 on 291 near the 152 intersection in Liberty...CR/B MC. I've seen this MINI in Liberty a lot lately but we're always headed opposite directions and I'm usually driving the "other" car.

Today around 5 P.M. at 11300 Corporate Avenue in Lenexa. I think it was a MINI but it was hiding under such a big Union Jack that I wasn't sure. :lol:

Johnna
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote:Today around 3:45 on 291 near the 152 intersection in Liberty...CR/B MC. I've seen this MINI in Liberty a lot lately but we're always headed opposite directions and I'm usually driving the "other" car.

Today around 5 P.M. at 11300 Corporate Avenue in Lenexa. I think it was a MINI but it was hiding under such a big Union Jack that I wasn't sure. :lol:

Johnna
Hmmmm......who could that have been?
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

Today around 5 P.M. at 11300 Corporate Avenue in Lenexa. I think it was a MINI but it was hiding under such a big Union Jack that I wasn't sure.
SWEEEEET! What were you doing out thataway?
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

6/9/06 21:15 Gold MINI Convertible, KS plate "MNIMEES", travelling Westbound on K-10 from K-7 to Evening Star Rd. I think I found our new members!
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mzupon wrote: SWEEEEET! What were you doing out thataway?
Working, of course! :)

Here's my next sighting....in Salina over the weekend I spotted FOUR "JustACoopers" parked around town. Not an "S" in sight.... :P

Johnna