Fun Poker Rally, Saturday June 16th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Fun Poker Rally, Saturday June 16th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

A couple of years ago a good sized group of Miniacs did this poker rally and it was great fun! Anyone want to go this year? $100 prize for the car club with most cars in the rally.

The Poker Run is from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, starting again from the Independence Event Center just off 40 Hwy near 291. Entry can be at the door. Fee is $15 per participant/car. Each participant will have a player's sheet to list their 7 card hand. The best 5 card Stud Poker hand wins. First prize is $200, second $100, third and fourth $50 each. There is a $100 prize for the car club with the most participants.

The event is in conjunction with a Fire Truck Exposition and a car show. Proceeds go to Eastview Lions Club for donations within the community to Lions Projects.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Fun Poker Rally, Saturday June 16th

Post by mcconned »

These types of Rallies can be a LOT of fun. Sounds like it will be routing folks through various points of interest in Independence. I'd give it more serious consideration but I'm without a navigator this weekend.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The last time I did this it was totally do-able without a navigator. We saw lots of historic sites in Independence and got a nice amount of swag for participating. The show at the end was also fun. I'm looking forward to it! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I have always wanted to try one one of these drives, but I have already committed to working a recycling booth at the Parkville River Jam on Saturday.
Maybe next year.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Marlow Main wrote:I have always wanted to try one one of these drives, but I have already committed to working a recycling booth at the Parkville River Jam on Saturday.
Maybe next year.
This one is great fun and an easy drive. Maybe you can join in next year! :D