MITO 2013

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

MITO 2013

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Davester and I(and Charlott) are leaving for Minis in the Ozarks on thurs morn at 9:00am.Were wondering if anyone else was going from the KC area.Maybe we could join up.-Frank
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MITO 2013

Post by IowaM1N1 »

How was it?
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

We had a great time. All of the runs were fun with friendly people. The Halloween party was a hoot and the costumes were very funny. The group picture was hogged by the Oklahoma Minis by waiting across the road until it was time for the photo, then they moved in front of everyone -- that really sucked. Only a four hour drive and the hotel was very good. They had a convention center on site for all of the meals and meetings. There were 158 MINI's with 230 peeps or more. Turpentine Creek had wild lions and tigers that you could get really close to. They were rescue animals donated to the park. By the way, that event was for 2012 -- not 2013 :wink:
Last edited by davester on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I looked up Turpentine Creek on line. It looks impressive.

BTW, there is also a big cat sanctuary by Louisburg. I haven't had the chance to visit it yet but it's on my bucket list.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

mcconned wrote: BTW, there is also a big cat sanctuary by Louisburg. I haven't had the chance to visit it yet but it's on my bucket list.
The Miata club has a member who volunteers down there -- they had an event there last year that was very cool. Seeing the big cats get fed was impressive.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Maybe that's where I first heard about it. I'd think hitting that then going over to the Powell Observatory to do some star gazing would be a fun outing.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
ljmattox
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ljmattox »

Really fun event, 150+ MINIs.

We spent a couple hours with the big cats at Turpentine Creek.

A few photos here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1026052850 ... directlink
ljmattox - St. Louis
2012 MCS Ice Blue / White / Checkboard / Polar Beige
SilverStreak

Post by SilverStreak »

Well, since the subject line said 2013 I figured I could resurrect the thread. :D

Anyway, who's planning on going this year? Also, I have a question for those who have been in the past. We debating on going and taking our puppy. I realize that will probably rule us out of the evening events, but would it still be worth going down for the drives and the outdoor events?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Absolutely, we took the Mini-Poopers each year that we went and had a blast.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

This will be my third year and each year has gotten better and better. If you go don't forget to bring a costume :thumbsup: :cheers:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Who is going this year? We can't stay the entire time but considering dropping by... Anyone leaving early Thursday from KC?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We'll be at Beaver Lake, but we're not taking part in the event. However, if you all go we'll look for you in Eureka Springs!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
SilverStreak

Post by SilverStreak »

We're heading down Thursday evening after we get off work. We probably won't make it down until pretty late that night.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We're heading out early and going to Crystal Bridges on Thursday. We're only around long enough to go on a group drive Friday morning before zipping back to KC. Do y'all know which drive you are planning on doing on Friday morning? We'd love to connect with the other KC folks while there.

Also, anyone got a good contact with MITO? I've e-mailed and also dropped them a FB message but haven't gotten a reply. I'm not one to crash a party and would like to be legit in joining the group drive on Friday morning, even though we can't attend any of the other events they have scheduled. Anyone know if you have to have event credentials to join one drive or what the scoop is? I'm happy to contribute $ to their event, just can't figure out how to get in touch with them.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
SilverStreak

Post by SilverStreak »

We're still trying to decide on which drives we're planning on.

I just got an email this morning and the contact email on it is info@ozarkmini.com.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

SilverStreak wrote:We're still trying to decide on which drives we're planning on.

I just got an email this morning and the contact email on it is info@ozarkmini.com.

That's the email address I used. Perhaps they are super busy getting everything ready. We'll figure it out....or have to sneak along on the drive. :lol

We're probably going on one of the drives that leaves latest. I'm eying a breakfast spot that doesn't open until 8...
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We only got to attend a little bit of MITO 2013, but had a super time. Here are a few photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... a766ff1833
SilverStreak

Post by SilverStreak »

Here's a few of our pics as well, along with the video from one of my MITO-X runs. We had a great time and are pretty sure we will be back next year.

https://www.facebook.com/chris.shull.35 ... 079&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 7201950471
wandrsmith

Post by wandrsmith »