Need input: MINI's to Richmond, MO 5/4/2013 Rally

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Need input: MINI's to Richmond, MO 5/4/2013 Rally

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Hey KC MINI Enthusiasts!

Happy New Year and I hope everyone has big plans for 2013!

I am try to determine if there is any interest in going back to Richmond, MO for their annual Mushroom Festival.

This past year I coordinated the MINI's to Richmond, MO Rally during the Mushroom Festival in Richmond, Missouri (which is a hour away from the KC area) 11 MINI Coopers attended the MINI's to Richmond, MO Rally.

The event date would be: Saturday May 4th, 2013

The Mushroom Festival is an annual event that attracts a lot of people to the area and it's is a great event. It is probably the biggest small town festival in the state. There are over 130 vendors last year. They start on Thursday evening and conclude on Sunday. Last year, they have provided us an area to display our MINI’s next to vendors. There is no cost, just a great time to display our MINI’s and participate in their parade.

Why? Back in October 2011, I coordinated the MINI’s to Macon Car Rally/Show held in Macon, Missouri and attract 16 MINI’s to our event. It was another great day and we think everyone enjoyed the exclusive MINI get together. The people in Macon loved the MINI’s in the homecoming parade. This past year (2012) did not have the MINI's to Macon Rally/Show. I had my MINI and my sister's MINI Cooper in the Macon Homecoming Parade and people were asking me what happened to the MINI Coopers this year? The people in Macon and Richmond love seeing the MINI Coopers in the parades :)

Like I said I am trying to determine if there would be any interest for this event. Please let me know!
Email me at ministomacon@gmail.com if you have questions or are interested in coming!
Thanks.
:indi: Hilary
Last edited by BlueBerry03MC on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
Roushhouse

Re: Need input: MINI's to Richmond, MO 2013 Rally

Post by Roushhouse »

I am new to the mini community. One of the first things I heard about after getting my '03 velvet red mini was the Richmond Rally. I am definitely in.
Little_Green_Frog

Post by Little_Green_Frog »

That sounds fun! I might not be able to go I might have work that day will have to check but otherwise sounds close enough to be do-able for me!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I'm game.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Need input: MINI's to Richmond, MO 5/4/2013 Rally

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Unfortunately that's the weekend of the Dragon and I think some of us might be going.
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I realized that the Dragon is the same weekend as the Mushroom Festival after I posted this.
MINI's to Richmond, MO would be a nice local MINI event for those who can not go to the Dragon.
My name is Hilary
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

BlueBerry03MC wrote:I realized that the Dragon is the same weekend as the Mushroom Festival after I posted this.
MINI's to Richmond, MO would be a nice local MINI event for those who can not go to the Dragon.
No way in heck could I afford to make it to the Dragon. Bring on the Schrooms. :mrgreen:
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
greenminiclub

Post by greenminiclub »

I would be interested in meeting up in Richmond, coming from St.Louis so wouldn't be able to rally.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

greenminiclub wrote:I would be interested in meeting up in Richmond, coming from St.Louis so wouldn't be able to rally.
More then welcome to come and join the fun! Pass this on to any other MINI Cooper Owners that you know. Maybe you can get a canavan of MINI's together to come to the Richmond, MO Rally/Show.
My name is Hilary
beepbeep
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by beepbeep »

Sounds Like Fun!!! :P
BeepBeep 2011 Mini Cooper Convertible (R57) Spice Orange
Frigid B* 2024 Mini Cooper SE (F57) Nanuq White w/Silver Roof
Former Mini's
Sapphire - 2019 F55 S
Mystique 2022 Mini Cooper JCW (F57) Enigmatic Black
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I'm gonna make a point to attend this event. Maybe we can get a group and motor up together.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

S-car-go wrote:I'm gonna make a point to attend this event. Maybe we can get a group and motor up together.
That is a great idea! I have had alot of good input about this event! According to my notes, I already have about 15 cars interested coming to Richmond for the rally. I talked to the coordinator of the Mushroom Festival and they talked about the MINI's in the last meeting and they want us to come back!
I am going to be getting details put together in the next couple of weeks and confirm our spot at the festival and in the parade. I will keep you guys updated!
If you want to be on my mailing list for updates, e-mail me at ministomacon@gmail.com with your name, car information, and email address.

Thanks!
:indi: Hilary
My name is Hilary
gehrigk
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gehrigk »

Sound like fun. I'm in.
Keith
Former - 2018 JCW Thunder Gray, Dinatronics Sport
Current - 2023 M240i xDrive
ozzies
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ozzies »

Everett and I are in. Sounds like fun.
Minidrama
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidrama »

I just recently bought a yellow '07 MINI and this sounds like fun. My wife and I are looking forward to it.