MINIs at the Glen

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

MINIs at the Glen

Post by Minidave »

Watkins Glen that is, in New York. I've run an HPDE weekend at the Glen and it is something special, coupling a MINI event with the historics means a weekend full of beautiful weather, fantastic cars and several trips around the full track. What more could you ask for?

Full details here.....

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/ ... z2M9AsuPYi

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/ ... ioffer.pdf
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIs at the Glen

Post by mcconned »

Although I haven't actually seen or been to the track, I was in Watkins Glen the weekend of the NASCAR race. It is a beautiful part of New York and would make a great vacation trip in addition to the wineries in the Finger Lake region.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

The track itself is off in the country, outside of town a few miles, and even tho it shows it's age, it's still a fantastic track to drive, with huge elevation changes, off camber turns and the track itself is smooth and well maintained! It's fast too!

It's one of those I've managed to cross off my bucket list, tho I still have a fairly large number to go yet, and time is getting shorter.

The cool thing about this offer is the $35 price for the weekend, including parking in turn 1 in the infield, as well as getting to take a few laps if the track each day! I hope they get a huge turnout.

Not to mention, the fantastic vintage racing that takes place all weekend too. Talk about a chance to see some great cars!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Stop it Dave. You're killing me. Now I'm dieing to go!!

Maybe, when I'm living in a perfect world, I can take a several week cruise into the Northeast.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Something a good friend always says to me when I talk about something important that I really want to do......

"If not now............. when?"

Life is short, do it now before you lose the opportunity.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"