June 8th - Shop Day

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Derek1387

Re: June 8th - Shop Day

Post by Derek1387 »

No, i personally did my springs. Had a helper with me who put my wheels back on while I went in to shower to get ready for work.

Found out it was a crappy impact that we thought was better than it was. I tried using it again today, then grabbed a breaker bar and was able to get 1/2 a turn more on each lug bolt. So i went through and checked everything else.

Rule of thumb: Check your nuts yourself!

And i feel like i owe double donuts now.
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

Found this link for George, splicing coax
http://www.ehow.com/video_4805818_splic ... ables.html

Just need to find the right connectors.

Great day at Dave's garage again. Good group to work with.
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Derek1387 wrote:No, i personally did my springs. Had a helper with me who put my wheels back on while I went in to shower to get ready for work.

Found out it was a crappy impact that we thought was better than it was. I tried using it again today, then grabbed a breaker bar and was able to get 1/2 a turn more on each lug bolt. So i went through and checked everything else.

Rule of thumb: Check your nuts yourself!

And i feel like i owe double donuts now.
Bu dum, buh
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes, I require a torque wrench be used on all wheel bolts in my shop, that way everything's to spec.

Be aware you can over-tighten lug bolts too, sometimes it will cause a vibration due to warping the hub.

We got out the elctronic calibrator and checked everyone's torque wrench, most were fairly close, and mostly consistent thru the range.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
GrayGuy
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by GrayGuy »

Had a great time at the wrenching party today. Thanks to everyone who lent a hand, tool or provided moral support. Thanks espically to Super Dave for once again opening the garage and providing tools and supplies.
2005 S, Black on Dark Silver, Hood stripes, Rubber floor mats/winter package, CAI, 19% Pulley
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Once again, thanks for everyone's help, especially Minidave and Michael B. Thanks Michael for finding info on the antenna coax. So far, I have not noticed a reduction in radio reception so I may just leave well enough alone. Here are a couple of pics of my no paint dent removal! Lol. Brilliant and job done as Edd China would say. :D
Old Hatch
Old Hatch
Old Hatch.jpg (23.99 KiB) Viewed 15647 times
Used Hatch Replacement
Used Hatch Replacement
Used Hatch Installed.jpg (24.7 KiB) Viewed 15647 times
Edit: Minidave, I made a slight adjustment on the passenger side hinge when I got home and it aligns even better!
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

A few things were left behind, so if this belongs to you please drop by and pick them up!

If someone's missing a tool or something, send me a note and I'll look for it, but right now this is all that turned up....
Attachments
IMG_2123R.jpg
IMG_2123R.jpg (131.5 KiB) Viewed 15620 times
IMG_2124R.jpg
IMG_2124R.jpg (143.66 KiB) Viewed 15620 times
IMG_2125R.jpg
IMG_2125R.jpg (128.17 KiB) Viewed 15620 times
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

The travel cup is mine. I will get it the next garage day --- :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
GrayGuy
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by GrayGuy »

Water bottle is mine. It will be Sat. before I can get over to pick it up. I'll give you a call when I have a ETA if that's alright. Steve
2005 S, Black on Dark Silver, Hood stripes, Rubber floor mats/winter package, CAI, 19% Pulley
Derek1387

Post by Derek1387 »

When is the next shop day?

Hopefully i wont have any issues this time :(
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Nothing's scheduled at this time, I'm out of town the first part of next month and in the second half I'll be getting ready for the fall semester at school, so if we need to schedule one pick a date.

Don't forget, there's nothing that says it has to be at my tiny little shop......if someone would also like to host at a more convenient location you're more than welcome to do so.

PS No one recognizes the blue handled pliers?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

The Blue handled Chanel Locks look familiar. I will have to check if I am missing them.
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Minidave wrote:Nothing's scheduled at this time, I'm out of town the first part of next month and in the second half I'll be getting ready for the fall semester at school, so if we need to schedule one pick a date.

Don't forget, there's nothing that says it has to be at my tiny little shop......if someone would also like to host at a more convenient location you're more than welcome to do so.

PS No one recognizes the blue handled pliers?
I would like to pull the JCW pulley with a 3-piece puller or cut it off. In order to do so I would like to have two extra sets of eyes and the brains behind them of Don and Dave whenever you gents are available. Dave, may I use your garage to accomplish this? I can pick up a puller-loaner from AutoZone.

My back and my hands are good, but it would be helpful for me to have y'all keeping watch. I did pick up a new H2O pump, a new thermostat, and a replacement o-ring for the leaky crank. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Pick a date, Mark and we'll get 'er done......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Derek1387

Post by Derek1387 »

I would like to get my sway bar put on as well... so im in for whatever date on the weekend.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I have all the pullers we need, no need to rent any......
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I still need to do my front brakes, too. :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

I like to help if I am around. :ds:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
PdMotorsports

Post by PdMotorsports »

I've got a set of lowering springs i'm going to try to put on this Saturday. Key word: try. I live around 135th and St line if anyone's interested in helping, or watching for a good laugh.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Do you have an impact wrench and/or air? You'll need them to get the center nut off the top of the shock, but don't undo them till you have it off the car....

If you've never done them before, do one of the rears first, they're easier. If you run into problems, you can call me at 913-648-6339, if you don't reach me there try my cell 913-948-3652 - I may be out mowing so have patience.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Derek1387 wrote:I would like to get my sway bar put on as well... so im in for whatever date on the weekend.
I would be happy to assist with this since I've done one before. The trick is make sure you're turn the wrench in the correct direction. 8)
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

photo (14).JPG
photo (14).JPG (95.95 KiB) Viewed 15475 times
This was also left behind at Dave's garage. I brought it home with me so it wouldn't get accidentally thrown out. I can bring it back to the next garage day if whoever own's it wants to pick it up there.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Minidave wrote:I have all the pullers we need, no need to rent any......
Short notice, maybe, likely... what's next weekend (Sat 24th or Sun 25th) look like for you (and Don>), and/or other interested parties?
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

boxer wrote:I like to help if I am around. :ds:
If you are not around, I will drop your brain bucket at Dave's and thank you when we meet.
If you are around, I will return the brain bucket to you and thank you personnally.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think Sat is workable for me, I'll start a new thread....
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"