Heartland Park touring Laps - May 8th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Heartland Park touring Laps - May 8th

Post by Minidave »

OK, so the last one got rained out, who's in for the month of May?

I'm going for sure - weather permitting.

Minidave :indi:
Hagar :brg:
Dimini :brg:

Anyone else want to feed the need for speed! :lol:
Last edited by Minidave on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Heartland Park touring Laps - May 8th

Post by Hagar46 »

I'm there! :mrgreen: Forecast is Sunny and 74 degrees!
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
REDSLED

Post by REDSLED »

Quick question, what time do the laps start?
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

1 p.m. on the track for expert class with approximately 20 minute sessions and 10 minute break between different classes. Check in and tech inspection starts at 12 noon.

Here's link: http://www.hpt.com/index.php?option=com ... Itemid=282
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We usually meet up in the Legends somewhere at about 10:30 am for a quick bite then it takes about an hour to drive up, we stop to top off the tanks and get something to eat while we're at the track if wanted, that puts us there when the registration window opens at 12 to get our track credentials. We then go in and establish our pit area, and head over to tech inspection, that gives us plenty of time to air up the tires, clear everything out of the boot and get ready to go. Driver's meeting starts at 12:30 - 12:45, then they release the advanced guys to the grid and continue the driver's meeting for the novices. Each session lasts approx 20 min, so the intermediate group will hit the grid at about 1:15 and be on track at about 1:20 for the first session, novices go last so they won't actually be on track till about 1:40.

First session for novices is all run under the yellow to familiarize them with the track, corner staions, flags and so on.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Minidave and Dimini, Do you want to meet up at the Legends tomorrow morning and if so, where and when? Anyone else? Hagar
George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Guys, I think I'm going to have to give this one a miss, I'm really buried with finals at school and on top of that it looks like 60% chance of rain and T-Storms tomorrow in Topeka - the odds are not good for a dry day.

I'll try for June 12th, I'll have everything done then and nothing on the calendar.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Yea, the forecast has changed and not looking so good. :( I still plan on going, short of it actually raining in the morning.

Edit: Decided not to go due to forecast of 60% scattered thunderstorms. Might not rain but if I went, it definitely would! :(
George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

So, thanks to me, Dimini and Hagar NOT going, the weather turned out beautifully, and I'm sure those who did go had a fantastic day!

June 8th then - school's over, I'm back from all my trips and it will be the perfect time to hit the track. I'm going for sure this time.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Yes, the weather turned out much better than forecast and I should have gone. Oh well, if I had gone, it would have probably rained. :( On for June, though.
George

mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

NASA has an event there at the end of May on the weekend. Choice of 2 day, 1 day, and maybe,even, one series. It's called HPDE High Performance Driving Experience.
http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1612
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I ran a NASA event at Watkins Glen, well organized, great instruction and I urge anyone who'd like to get on track and might be a little intimidated to give this event a try, you'll have a terrific time and you will not hurt your car.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"