HPT Touring Laps 6-12-13

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: HPT Touring Laps 6-12-13

Post by Hagar46 »

Really enjoyed running the entire track. The extra corners were challenging since it was my first time on them. But I agree with Minidave, it was HOT! Fun chatting with Mark and Bill as well as Dave and Don. Once again, definitely worth the time and money. :mrgreen:
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Congrats on the great turnout! Hopefully, everyone survived the heat OK. The times I was out yesterday had me thinking how quickly I could get back inside.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

And today it's cool and beautiful out.........sighs. :roll:

Yesterday was one of the slowest track days I've had since we've been going to HPT. The track was so hot it was just greasy, there was a ton of what David Hobbs likes to call "clagg" on his F1 broadcasts, rolled up rubber bits and dirt offline and I could not get my poor all-season tires to grip worth anything. Add to that the loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggg left hand turn in the carousel and I'm sure I took 10K miles off my tire's life yesterday, and I only ran three sessions.

Still, a day at the track is better than a day at work anytime, and like Hagar says it's always great to hang with some MINI buds.....

I think we've got a couple more track rats now as SWT CHI and Redsled both had their first experience at HPT and are already making plans to mod their cars for the next session!

It's always more fun when we can get a bunch of MINIs to go and we always cause a pretty good stir when we arrive en masse at the track - they know we're fast and fun to run with.

Makes me want to go build a track day car....... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Minidave on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

" Add to that the loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggg right hand turn in the carousel "
MINIDAVE, Isn't the carousel a left-hander, or would you be referring to the section immediately after?
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

You're right, sorry - I was thinking about the right front tire grinding away all the way around the corner.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I've had the chance to run the carousel during 'parade laps' at one of the events I attended some time in the last 4 years. Can't remember which time that was -- I think I've been there twice, once I know was a BMW event.

Anyway, the carousel sure makes for an interesting lap!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever