Shop Day - Sat, August 24th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Shop Day - Sat, August 24th

Post by Minidave »

I know it's short notice, but a couple people need to get some things done on their MINIs, so we're going to do it next weekend.

As always, shop doors open at 9am, George will to be responsible for Krispy Kremes and Koffee, and I'll have the shop ready for surgery.
Looks like it's going to be a pretty hot day, wear your sunscreen!

So far, we have......

MiniDave - Professor of Mini-ology and host
SWT CHI - supercharger pulley, water pump
Hagar - Front brakes
Derek1387 - Rear sway bar
Boxer - Lovely assistant
Redsled - supporter-er
Dimini - Donut tester
DSKSMini - rear pads, oil change
Monty - plugs, brake flush

:indi: :chili: :ps: :brg: :ds: :elec: :chili: :ds: :indi:

For anyone who needs the address or directions......

8932 Hadley Place
Overland Park
913-648-6339 if you get lost
Last edited by Minidave on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
REDSLED

Re: Shop Day - Sat, August 24th

Post by REDSLED »

If I can get mine running by then I'll stop by for support.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Excellent, always good to have another set of experienced eyes looking over the shoulders.......by the way, you can drive anything to the shop day, a MINI is not required to attend, if yours is off the road. :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
REDSLED

Post by REDSLED »

true but after waiting a month for all my parts to get back has been alittle trying. I'm ready to park my old pick-up again and drive the mini.
Derek1387

Post by Derek1387 »

Hmm, next saturday. I MAY have prior commitments. Will have to check with the wife.

Should be able to squeeze it in... but wont be able to stick around all day.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Derek, if you can't make it......if you were able to change all your springs I can think of no reason why you couldn't change your sway bar too, it's not that hard at all. But we'll keep a weather eye out in case you can get away.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Sorry I can't make it either due to a meeting with travel agency. It's a document party for our group going to Italy next month. :D
Dave, just hang onto my travel mug unless Frank shows up. He will bring it to me---Thanks !!
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Derek1387

Post by Derek1387 »

Thanks for the kind words...

My main concern is the sub frame. And finding a place to do it at .

I will see what I can figure out. I want to come down and meet you guys anyway!
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I'll bring Crispy Cremes and coffee.

Edit: That's Krispy Kremes and Koffee. :D
Last edited by Hagar46 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Derek, if you can make it, changing the sway bar is a little over an hour's work. Just FYI

George, you da man!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
DSKSMini

Post by DSKSMini »

Hi Dave,

I'm planning on making it. Need to do an oil change and rear brake pads. I'll pitch in on anything anyone else needs help with.

Daryl
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

See you there, Daryl, and welcome!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Well shoot. Lots of stuff going on and didn't realize how soon the 24th is. I can't make it to assist. Still gotta replace my now almost completely bald tires and the car needs an alignment still. I should make it to the next one though. Working on getting our cruise in taken care of for September.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

I would like to be there. I need to flush out my brake lines and change out my plugs.
Dave, I think I left a bottle of brake fluid at the shop. If it not there I'll get another one
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Monty, so that's where that bottle came from! You don't need to pick up another.....see you Sat am.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I haven't been on here for a bit and I totally missed this post. Hopefully, next time because I need to get my lamp bar on the classic Mini working.

Enjoy!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Thanks again Minidave for use of your garage and Boxer for your help with my brakes. Car stops much better! :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We're still at it on SWI-CHI's car, but we're in the home stretch!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Minidave wrote:We're still at it on SWI-CHI's car, but we're in the home stretch!
Professor, thank you for graciously hosting today's session. I'm especially grateful for your time, and also for your roto-zip. Carl, thank you for busting out the whip after 5pm. Daryl, thanks for lending a hand. George and Mark, thanks for the hang. I owe time for hands on deck and cleaning tools for the next several sessions.

Temp gauge is right where it's supposed to be and my garage floor shows no soiling from the three transfusions. The twichiness has settled down after I put 20-30 miles on it. The computer was recalculating the entire drive down Sunflower Road. No problems with idle or response, just remapping. It may need a tune and I'll discuss it with Bill if I run into him at Baron. The :chili: seriously hasn't run this well in > 40K. I'm stoked to motor the next couple of weeks: Alamosa to Durango is going to be bitchin'!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for October as I'm going to be out of pocket for the September HPT session, notwithstanding other club events in Larryville and at the Rivermarket.
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Great news. :roll:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

You had doubts? :mrgreen:

Good job everyone!

Frank picked up Davester's cup and will repatriate it to him.

It was a long day, but in the end everything turned out well. Getting the JCW pulley off of the supercharger was a challenge, none of the pullers worked, so we resorted to cutting it off, which took quite a while. Once off we got the pulley changed, oil changed in the S/C, a new water pump installed and started putting it back together again. We had a few start stops, but we got it all done. We fired it up and it ran sweet, Mark backed it out of the garage and it promptly died. Started again.....died. Managed to get it into the garage and it idled perfectly. Backed it out and it died....so he decided to give it a good run back to Lawrence, good to hear that it righted itself on the way home. We also learned once again that changing the supercharger oil is a 2 bottle job, not one!

We got Hagar's brakes changed, Monty got some new plugs and his brake fluid flushed, and DSKS learned how to do an oil change on an R56, and virtually no oil or brake fluid was spilled! :lol:

If anyone up north finds themselves in OP, I need to return Hagar's floor jack to him in Liberty.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Minidave wrote:You had doubts? :mrgreen:

Good job everyone!

Frank picked up Davester's cup and will repatriate it to him.

It was a long day, but in the end everything turned out well. Getting the JCW pulley off of the supercharger was a challenge, none of the pullers worked, so we resorted to cutting it off, which took quite a while. Once off we got the pulley changed, oil changed in the S/C, a new water pump installed and started putting it back together again. We had a few start stops, but we got it all done. We fired it up and it ran sweet, Mark backed it out of the garage and it promptly died. Started again.....died. Managed to get it into the garage and it idled perfectly. Backed it out and it died....so he decided to give it a good run back to Lawrence, good to hear that it righted itself on the way home. We also learned once again that changing the supercharger oil is a 2 bottle job, not one!

We got Hagar's brakes changed, Monty got some new plugs and his brake fluid flushed, and DSKS learned how to do an oil change on an R56, and virtually no oil or brake fluid was spilled! :lol:

If anyone up north finds themselves in OP, I need to return Hagar's floor jack to him in Liberty.
I am remiss for not verifying one simple thing... I did not double check the rotation arrow on the front wheels after they were mounted and torqued: the left was the other left and the right was the other right. No big whoop :lol: We were out of daylight and we were all spent.

I'm going to have to find myself a service reset tool to knock out that check engine light. Disco'd the battery last night, to no avail.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

No rush on the floor jack, Minindave. Thanks again. :D
George

monty
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by monty »

Dave,
I thing I left my breaker bar and my 13mm long socket at the garage.
2015 MINI Cooper S. Thunder Gray/Black roof, cold weather package, sport package, JCW Tuning kit and exhaust.
Name : Handsome Rob
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

They'll be here waiting for you..... :P
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"