Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revisited Oct.12,2013

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revisited Oct.12,2013

Post by IowaM1N1 »

davester wrote:the address is ----
20700 W 151st St, Olathe, KS
I haven't been out there in years. I guess there is a front entrance somewhere and we could meet there.
Here is a map-I hope
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?r ... &FORM=LLDP
There really isn't a front door -- that place has numerous entrances, and no one entrance that looks like the front door. You'll have better luck specifying a business close-by, like the Burger King or McDonalds.

It is a dying mall...mostly empty store fronts. Since Legends decided to be an outlet mall, it took all of GMOTGP's momentum.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

That's a great idea Greg. Lets meet at the Burger King that is located on the map by the mall.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

I'm driving south from Lawrence thru Ottawa on US-59 and into Garnett.

If y'all are amenable, I would like to meet at 10:00am (-ish, whenever is clever...) in the Hardee's parking lot on US-59 SB once you exit I-35 SB for Garnett. It's about a 25-minute drive to the Lake from there. I have a map programmed into my GPS for the route.

I can PM my cell phone number to whomever would like to take the lead from the Great Big Ass Mall of Olathe.

mark :chugchug:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm out, our friends will be here Friday night....have a great time and take lots o pics!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Really disappointed to be missing this. Then again, I am looking forward to a great MINI Cooper Iowa Fall Tour thru the Iowa countryside on Saturday!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

SWT CHI wrote:I'm driving south from Lawrence thru Ottawa on US-59 and into Garnett.

If y'all are amenable, I would like to meet at 10:00am (-ish, whenever is clever...) in the Hardee's parking lot on US-59 SB once you exit I-35 SB for Garnett. It's about a 25-minute drive to the Lake from there. I have a map programmed into my GPS for the route.

I can PM my cell phone number to whomever would like to take the lead from the Great Big Ass Mall of Olathe.

mark :chugchug:
Davester, Goose... I just PM'd you my cell phone number. Gimme a text/call on Saturday when y'all depart from the Big Ass Commerce Zone and start headin' south.

:chili:
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

Ok, we got it, the BK next to the Big Ass Mall... :roll:
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Duane & Pam - y'all were the 1st place winner of the Rebus Kwiz at the Depot with 100% correct answers... imagine that!

However, too bad so sad that you left your prize package unclaimed. Then, Car #5 was a winner of Duane's unclaimed prize package. And then, Car #3 (Duane) was a winner of Car #5's unclaimed prize which was Duane's first prize package left unclaimed. So, this could've/would've been Duane's second prize package of the evening.

Duane, the next time we connect you can buy me a beer for providing you the correct Kwiz answers! :chugchug:

The TVA with the Cobra V-8/Holley 650 won the People's Choice award.
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Triumph, Miata, Cobra and MINI clubs are planning to coordinate another event at Lake Garnett in 2014.