Saturday March 15th, Johnna's Tour de Donut, 7:30 a.m.

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Saturday March 15th, Johnna's Tour de Donut, 7:30 a.m.

Post by MiniMax »

nancy and I will come (if it's not too late to show up). I always love donuts.

MiniMax
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

MiniMax wrote:nancy and I will come (if it's not too late to show up). I always love donuts.

MiniMax
It's not too late at all. I've added y'all to the RSVP list and everyone else who chimed in late this week.

If anyone else would like to join us, please just show up tomorrow. I won't be checking this thread again before tomorrow morning anyhow. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
lippitdoo

Post by lippitdoo »

The wife and I will be there. Mmmmm Donuts!!! :wink:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We are going to overwhelm some of these shops! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Oh dark thirty! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Minidave wrote:We are going to overwhelm some of these shops! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Oh dark thirty! :D
I visited each shop yesterday to remind the owners we are coming en masse. They are all looking forward to us visiting! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Now, I knew you'd be prepared, of course! :D

Going to be a fun run and a great turnout! Image
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

My wife and I wanted to say "Thank You Johnna and John for putting the donut tour together!" Those we some great eats! The aroma at each of the shops was very interesting! We talked on our ride home about some of the ones we tasted, and had with us in the car... :wink:

The drive part was really interesting to us, since we're not real familiar with KC. Nice roads, traffic was easy, and interesting stuff to see along the route, like the geese near an overpass...that was unexpected to us.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Thank you John a Johnna for a great tour. Too bad I didn't get any donuts to eat :oops:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Fergie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Fergie »

Thank you Johnna for organizing a great event. We are so sorry for departing early. While in the MINI motorcade to the third stop, Fergie's yellow check engine/reduced power light came on. As we had forgotten our cell phones and cash (and sunglasses!) we took an immediate detour to Baron MINI. Fergie received lots of love - a new high pressure fuel pump. I was thankful Isaac and MM for working us in on a busy Saturday. Great service at Baron.

It was fun to see everyone on this gorgeous day and wished we could have enjoyed all of the donut stops.

Looking forward to next year's annual Tour de Donut! Thanks again,

L & K
:D
"Fergie" 2011 MINI Cooper S - Ice Blue/White
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Excellent job by Johnna and John! Thank you for all the planning AND for the beignets -- they were delicious!

I've lived in KC now for 7 years and never been to Argentine -- I really enjoyed seeing parts of KC that I never knew existed!

I love this club. You all are so much fun!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

As usual, an AWESOME event! Thank you Johnna and John for all the VOLUNTEER hours it takes to pull together something like this. It was great to see such a resounding turnout and equally lovely to have a truly beautiful spring day to boot! Glad to see folks who enjoyed some of the back roads of KCK. Those are interesting neighborhoods.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Johnna and John,as usual you guys did a wonderful job. The last time I had this many donuts I had a heart attack!! Literally!!Sorry for not paying attention as to where the name tags wound up. My bad.The beignets(sp) were outstanding. thank you so much for getting them for us. Unfortunately now I know where to buy them.
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
lippitdoo

Post by lippitdoo »

What a blast. Some of the road were just fun to drive on. Parts of KC I have not experienced. Thank you all for such a wonderful time. :P