MTTS 2014, July 26th-August 10th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

MTTS 2014, July 26th-August 10th

Post by DA MINI »

Many of the "All The Way" folks are traking off for California. I'm doing just Memphis and St. Louis. Stopping in Branson on the way to Memphis. Have plotted a twisty drive thru Arkansas to Memphis. Should make the wife sweat.
Who else is going and what legs are you doing?
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Made Sticky
Mr. F56
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: MTTS 2014, July 26th-August 10th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

We are doing Memphis to StL also.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We're doing Dallas to St Louis.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I am doing coast-to-coast.

Judy is doing STL only -- looking to caravan back with you guys. She doesn't have an account here, but is on the club FB page.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

IowaM1N1 wrote:I am doing coast-to-coast.

Judy is doing STL only -- looking to caravan back with you guys. She doesn't have an account here, but is on the club FB page.
Yay! A mini MINI caravan back to KC. :chili: :brg: :ps: :chili: Maybe we should plan some stops at points of interest on the way back? We usually are in too big of a hurry to get home to stop anywhere on the way back.
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Those of us caravan'ing back to KC--any interest in taking 36 instead of 70? It's kinda nice to step off the Missouri Autobahn and drive at similar speeds with little to no semi traffic. Plus to hop up to 36, it's possible to take part of the Great River Road which is scenic and a bit twisty.

Close to Gateway is the World's Largest Bottle of Catsup. Worth a drive by if you like roadside Americana. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2922 (Those of you who have had MINIs since the beginning of time may remember this as one of the points on Baron's scavenger hunt.)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I think we'd be down for a scenic drive.
~Laurie~

mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

It's been many years but on a trip home from St. Louis I took I-44 to US 50 and 50 all the way through Jefferson City to Lee's Summit. As I recall the stretch between I-44 and Jeff City was very scenic.

I encourage a stop at the Missouri State Capital and then across the river just off US 54 at the winery that sits on top of the bluff. Very good food. http://canterburyhill.com/
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Laurie wrote:
IowaM1N1 wrote:I am doing coast-to-coast.

Yay! A mini MINI caravan back to KC. :chili: :brg: :ps: :chili: Maybe we should plan some stops at points of interest on the way back? We usually are in too big of a hurry to get home to stop anywhere on the way back.
Can I ask a favor and have someone keep Judy in the loop? Starting Wednesday, I'm going to be a bit time-constrained to keep up with this particular message thread.

She currently plans to drive over Monday 8/4 for the party, stay with me Monday night, attend the Rise and Shine on Tuesday, then head back to KC. If she can caravan with you guys I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Greg--I'll keep Judy in the loop. For those of you interested in traveling together back to KC, let's all touch base soon. Excited!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

There is an app available today for your Apple or Android device. Search MTTS 2014 in your app store. It has route info and other items including trivia.
~Laurie~

DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

ragtopday wrote:Greg--I'll keep Judy in the loop. For those of you interested in traveling together back to KC, let's all touch base soon. Excited!
Gotta play this one by ear. Co-pilot probably will sleep thru the St.L. rise & shine Could catch up some where along the way.
Last edited by DA MINI on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. F56
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

DA MINI wrote:
ragtopday wrote:Greg--I'll keep Judy in the loop. For those of you interested in traveling together back to KC, let's all touch base soon. Excited!
Gotta play this one by the ear. Co-pilot probably will sleep thru the St.L. rise & shine Could catch up some where along the way.
If it's any consolation, we plan on waking up early for the Rise & Shine event then come back to the hotel to get ready and pack up for the trip home. I think we have to be checked out by 11:00.
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mcconned wrote:It's been many years but on a trip home from St. Louis I took I-44 to US 50 and 50 all the way through Jefferson City to Lee's Summit. As I recall the stretch between I-44 and Jeff City was very scenic.

I encourage a stop at the Missouri State Capital and then across the river just off US 54 at the winery that sits on top of the bluff. Very good food. http://canterburyhill.com/
I drove most of this route today (I-44 to US 50 to Sedalia, where I jumped over to I-70). Much of the route is two lanes, 55 mph or less going through lots of little towns. Important to keep an eye on the speed limit signs, as it drops to 35, occasionally 25, going through towns/wide spots in the road. Even on the two lane sections, I wasn't stuck behind much traffic. For awhile, there was a WalMart semi in front of me and I couldn't get around but that wasn't too bad. The views through the bluffs are beautiful and there's a nice view of the capital even from the car.

This route may be ideal if we have more south of the river folks. 36 is an hour north of KC, so we would jump up to it from StL on a scenic drive and then take 35 south from Cameron. 36 is 4-lane with minimal traffic but not as scenic as the 44/50 route. Either route would be much less stress than I-70. I had my fill of 70 today just doing the stretch from Sedalia.

Also, how many wineries are there in Missouri now? I counted at least seven today on 44 and 50!
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I'm doing the St. Louis stop only! Evening event/Rise and Shine event! Can't wait!
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

We are doing the Dallas to Memphis to St. Louis then back to KC. Would be nice to take a different Route back to KC. Used to live in St. Louis and have seen way to much of I-70. Taking the Clubman.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Cowboy, when are you headed down to Dallas? We plan on heading out on the 1st.
~Laurie~

mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

CowboyCoop wrote:We are doing the Dallas to Memphis to St. Louis then back to KC. Would be nice to take a different Route back to KC. Used to live in St. Louis and have seen way to much of I-70. Taking the Clubman.
Depending on what side of Kansas City you live in...... I travel to St. Louis I live on the south end (127th & State Line). For the last few years, I've taken US 50 from Lee's Summit to Jefferson City then hit US 54 to Kingdom City/I-70. There is a lot less traffic and virtually no semis. The only downside is driving through Sedalia i.e traffic lights, etc.
Dan McConnell
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

For those of you who are or have driven to Dallas before, what route do you take? We've done I35 all the way before but this time, I guess because of the location of our hotel, Google is telling me US 69 S is the best way. Estimated drive time for both is almost identical but US69 is about 57 miles less. Has anyone done US 69S before? How's the drive?
~Laurie~

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It's considerably more scenic on 69, I'd say try it - I've done the drive to Dallas several different ways (I have a friend who lives in Plano) , they all get there eventually....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Johnna and gang, Whichever route you take back from St.L you might want to check this out for interesting side trips.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/mo/all
Dan McConnell
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

We are headed to Dallas on July 31st. Going a little early staying with friends in Fort Worth. Hope to see some Familiar faces at the Dallas event. Look for club helipad.
Attachments
Clubbyhelipad-2.jpg
Clubbyhelipad-2.jpg (47.44 KiB) Viewed 11315 times
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

CowboyCoop wrote:We are headed to Dallas on July 31st. Going a little early staying with friends in Fort Worth. Hope to see some Familiar faces at the Dallas event. Look for club helipad.
We'll look for you at the Dallas evening event. Safe travels!
~Laurie~