Armacost Museum Sunday, November 2, 1 to 4 pm

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Armacost Museum Sunday, November 2, 1 to 4 pm

Post by mcconned »

I know this is early notice but I wanted to give you all plenty of notice to join me, Dan McConnell, and the Heart of America Z Car Club Sunday, November 2nd from 1 to 4 pm at the Armacost Museum in Grandview, MO.

If you're not familiar with "The Armacost", it is a private automobile collection housed in one of the finest facilities in Kansas City. This is not generally open to the public but is open by special arrangement. I have made that arrangement.

The collection includes everything from a Ferrari F40 to a 1919 Rolls Royce to British sports cars to American muscle cars to turn of the 20th century Harley Davidson motor cycles. Personally, my favorite part is the collection of Studebakers. The Armacost family was a Studebaker dealer in Kansas City for decades. Consequently, they have several.

If you have been there before you might think "Been there. Done that. Seen that." The Armacost collection is quite extensive and more than may be housed here. They cars on display constantly changes. You never know what you will see until you get there!

Even if you're not all that into cars, the facility, as I mentioned, is quite impressive with a room available for meetings, fund raisers, etc. This would be a great opportunity to check it out for future reference.

"The Armacost" has set the following guidelines:
1. No one under 16 allowed.
2. A $5 donation/admittance is required. One Hundred percent of the money collected is donated to a local Grandview charity.

3. No food or drink allowed.

Bringing a camera is STRONGLY encouraged.

More info here:
http://www.hovermotorco.com/2011/07/arm ... ew-is.html

"The Armacost" is located at :
4200 E 135th St. Grandview, MO 64030

I'll provide you with updates and more details later. More info will be made available at http://www.hazcc.com or Heart of America Z Car Club on Facebook or my Facebook page.. Dan McConnell

This is an open invitation. Please share with your "responsible" friends, car club, organization, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dan McConnell and the Heart of America Z Car Club.
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Sticky, returned post to Normal post-gathering.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Filthy Mechanic
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Armacost Museum Sunday, November 2, 1 to 4 pm

Post by Filthy Mechanic »

I'll second the recommendation to visit the museum. The company I work for is owned by the Armacost family and our Christmas party is held at the museum. The last time I was there, there was a nice display of Sunbeam cars in addition to the ones mentioned above. The restoration shop can be seen from the museum so you can see the works in progress (you just can't wander around in it). There was also a decent collection of pedal cars and the collection of vintage motorcycles was more than I expected. It's definitely worth the $5 dollar price of admittance.
Bill
Matilda-2003 MCS Indi blue & white
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

If you appreciate vintage cars, this event is not to be missed! Been there 4 times and it does not get old.
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Filthy Mechanic wrote:I'll second the recommendation to visit the museum. The company I work for is owned by the Armacost family and our Christmas party is held at the museum. The last time I was there, there was a nice display of Sunbeam cars in addition to the ones mentioned above. The restoration shop can be seen from the museum so you can see the works in progress (you just can't wander around in it). There was also a decent collection of pedal cars and the collection of vintage motorcycles was more than I expected. It's definitely worth the $5 dollar price of admittance.
And the REALLY cool thing is that, if you think you got more than your $5 worth, you can drop another $5 (more or less) on the way out.

Additionally, I have arranged for some discount coupons at Murray's Tables and Taps on State Line afterwards.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Sounds cool but if I can't bring my well behaved daughter(s), then I am out. Have fun.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!