April 11th: Drive to Wamego, KS OZ Museum & Tulip Festival

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

April 11th: Drive to Wamego, KS OZ Museum & Tulip Festival

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Diane S. is coordinating a drive to Wamego, Kansas to visit the OZ Museum and Wamego's annual Tulip Festival. Details soon...
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: April 11th: Drive to Wamego, KS OZ Museum & Tulip Festiv

Post by mcconned »

This is the perfect opportunity to run the Native Stone Scenic Byway.....but I guess you already knew that. ;)
http://naturalkansas.org/native.htm
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
RufNekQueen

Post by RufNekQueen »

Hiya everyone!

I live in Manhattan and am thrilled that I'll actually be able to attend! As of now, I plan to drive from Manhattan to meet y'all in Topeka and then follow to Wamego. If anyone in the Manhattan area wants to pick a meeting spot here and do the same, I'm game. Either way, the husband wants to drive from Topeka and roll in with the club. I'm Heather Lynch on Facebook if anyone wants to coordinate with me. 8)
RufNekQueen

Post by RufNekQueen »

With the Tulip Fest coming up in less than two weeks, I was just wondering when i/we can expect some details on when and where this event is kicking off. What time is everyone rolling out of KC? Stops on the way to/from KC? Route? Are any Manhattan area Minis wanting to get together on the way? There isn't a word for the level of excitement I have for this event. I attend the Tulip Fest every year and love it.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

RufNekQueen wrote:With the Tulip Fest coming up in less than two weeks, I was just wondering when i/we can expect some details on when and where this event is kicking off. What time is everyone rolling out of KC? Stops on the way to/from KC? Route? Are any Manhattan area Minis wanting to get together on the way? There isn't a word for the level of excitement I have for this event. I attend the Tulip Fest every year and love it.
Diane, the coordinator of this event, has had a death in the family in the last week. I'm sure once she returns to KC, we can get details hammered out. Thanks so much for your patience. I know it's going to be a great time! :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
RufNekQueen

Post by RufNekQueen »

Sorry to hear that news. My thoughts are with her and her family.
dstewart1019
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dstewart1019 »

HELLO EVERYONE,

Here are detail about the drive to the OZ MUSEUM & TULIP FESTIVAL, we are going to start at State Capital in Kanas a 9: 00 am I will route details of morning of the drive. Pack a small cooler maybe we can make a stop at the Alma creamery. I hope see all there. IF you have any questions you can find me FB or Email levi713@ att.net
dstewart1019
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dstewart1019 »

I have good news once we get to Wamego and have some lunch and some shopping. Steve Amy is going to lead us Carrahan Creek near Tuttle Creak in Manhattan it is beautiful drive
Hope to see all there
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Well Im pretty sure we are coming, The Dilemma, take the convertible that is still running on winter tires ?. We are still saving up for all season tires!, and the run flats are on there last leg, including one of the run flats has to have air added to it every 2 days, and depending on the weather situation, hoping for nice weather. Or should we take the clubman? Was also hoping to go to pillsbury crossing, which is totally awesome just East of Manhattan, google it. there is a stream that goes over a 3 inch hard rock crossing that you can actually take your car across. great pix opportunity as it looks like your Mini is floating on water. Used to go there alot back in the day of K-State, and living in Manhattan. We also will be headed to Junction CIty to visit my Mom. Alot to do in One day. And So Many options. :|
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

You could swap the Clubman's wheels onto the convertible just for the weekend.....takes about 10 minutes....... :)
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Perfect Idea, and had that awhaw moment. why not take my original clubman tires and put them on the Convertible. Well no jack no real tools, and no knowledge, on things mechanical, so simple. Barron is going to do that next week. So all said. Clubman going to Wamego, Convertible going to Bolivar MO. Problem solved. less a few bucks. :D
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

CowboyCoop wrote:Perfect Idea, and had that awhaw moment. why not take my original clubman tires and put them on the Convertible. Well no jack no real tools, and no knowledge, on things mechanical, so simple. Barron is going to do that next week. So all said. Clubman going to Wamego, Convertible going to Bolivar MO. Problem solved. less a few bucks. :D
We need a garage day to go over some of the easier (relative of course) tasks of car maintenance. 8)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

Well we are still going hoping to see more Mini Enthusiasts than what is showing here. Also since it will be Sunny and 74 changed mind and taking the convertible, still running winter tires, and bringing the cooler. Look for US in the Spice Orange Mini. with ARKY plates that say Mini1. Happy Motoring ALL. :D