Speaking Engagement by British Car Authority Jonathan Stein

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Speaking Engagement by British Car Authority Jonathan Stein

Post by mcconned »

Hi everybody! I have been asked to pass along the following. Please note, seating is limited and a donation is required.
“As some may recall, last Fall, I sent out an “indication of interest” in attending a Wednesday, March 25th , 6p.m. dinner, at Johnny Cascone’s, 91st & Metcalf, featuring Jonathan Stein, Executive Editor of the excellent Hagerty Magazine, and THE foremost authority on British cars.
This is a RARE opportunity because Jonathan is in town to address the British Motor Trade Assn, at Victoria British, but offered to fly in a day early to address our group, when I invited him to do so at a Pebble Beach Hagerty reception. What an opportunity—whether or not you now own, did own or have NEVER owned a British car, this is an exceptional opportunity! (I’m good for 2 out of 3 of those!)
HERE’S THE DEAL:
Hagerty has agreed to pay for our dinner, and I have agreed that each attendee, in turn, will contribute $20 to the Hagerty Children’s Education Fund, a 501c3, which provides programs to involve the next generation in our passion for the automobile. Many of you have witnessed one such fantastic program at Art of the Car, where Hagerty V.P. Derek Prechtl, has overseen the kid’s judging program at Art of the Car that actually had more kids sign up last year than they could use! After all, we will need buyers for all our cars in the future!
The CATCH :-)
Since this is in the evening, I am offering the opportunity to invite your wife/guest if you wish,, but ONLY THE FIRST 75 PAID RSVP’S WILL BE ACCEPTED. (After that, a waiting list will be started.) Checks are to be made out to “Hagerty Children’s Education Fund”, and mailed to my home address: 5525 Neosho Lane Fairway, KS 66205.
This is an event you WILL NOT want to miss!
See you there,
Gary Krings gary.b.krings@ampf.com
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.