Club Holiday Gift Exchange?

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Club Holiday Gift Exchange?

Post by dsopoci »

Last year I participated in the Mini USA gift exchange where I was randomly paired with another Mini owner in the States. I was curious if anyone in the club would be interested in doing something like that. Maybe at the Toys For Tots gathering we could draw names or have names drawn before that and bring the gift to the Toys For Tots. Just wanted to throw the idea out there to see if anyone would be interested or any other ideas.
2009 Cooper S, AEM intake,six spd, chili red with mini challenge stripes
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Club Holiday Gift Exchange?

Post by MiniManiac »

How does this work? White elephant gift :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dsopoci »

I was thinking for those who wanted to participate could put their name into a hat, draw names and go from there.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I really like this idea!

What if we put a price limit and drew names? Would that work?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dsopoci »

Sounds good, if we can get an even amount of people lets go for it. What would the limit be, would $10-$20 be a comfortable amount? How about next to the persons name, the model of Mini that the persons motors in.
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I really like the idea of the MINI Club Gift Exchange....it would be cool to draw names at the Toys For Tots event then setting up another cruise in at a restaurant somewhere to exchange a couple days before Christmas! :indi: :)
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

dsopoci wrote:Sounds good, if we can get an even amount of people lets go for it. What would the limit be, would $10-$20 be a comfortable amount? How about next to the persons name, the model of Mini that the persons motors in.
I like $20. In addition to their car, could we include maybe 3 things they like? (Chocolate, Minis, Chocolate... :lol: )

December is crazy busy for me. I'll vote to exchange at the Toys for Tots gathering. Don't know that I can make it to more than one shindig in December.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dsopoci »

I work nights with a Monday and Tuesday off, I couldn't meet up on a cruise unless it was on one of those days or if it was in the late afternoon on the weekend.
Trixie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Trixie »

Gift exchange sounds fun! I don't know if I can make the Toys for Tots. If not I can arrange for delivery if you all decide to exchange at the Bronx.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Sounds like a great idea.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
CathyV
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CathyV »

I'm in - sounds like fun! Agree - we should do it the same day at Toys for Tots.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

All of the details for this event are now here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3573&p=33139#p33138

Thanks, Darrin, for making this happen!