KCME/CIMC Joint Drive 5/14/16 (Saturday)

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

KCME/CIMC Joint Drive 5/14/16 (Saturday)

Post by IowaM1N1 »

It is ON!

The annual joint drive between the KCME and the Central Iowa MINI Club is planned for Saturday, May 14, 2016.

The amazing James Flowers has volunteered to set up a route and lead us again this year, for what is SURE to be an exhilarating run thru the northern MO and southern IA countryside.

The event is really getting to be popular with the Iowa club -- there is a hardcore group within the club who eagerly await this event every year, and have started inviting fellow MINIacs from all around Iowa.

Details below.

Current KC caravan:

From message board:
IowaM1N1 (coordinator)
davester
robbie (maybe)

From Facebook:
Eric N
David R (maybe)

dimini is now 'out' due to some home issues.
EVotipka is out due to death in the family.
davester reports late Friday that Blue Goose is now out.
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Mon May 23, 2016 10:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: returned to normal, removed sticky post event
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: KCME/CIMC Joint Drive 5/14/16 (Saturday)

Post by Spart »

So who all is going to make it up for this drive?

Y'all miss out on a good time... I can't see much of a reason to keep dragging the Des Moines crew down to Missouri every year if the turnout from down south is anything like it has been the last couple of years.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Spart wrote:So who all is going to make it up for this drive?

Y'all miss out on a good time... I can't see much of a reason to keep dragging the Des Moines crew down to Missouri every year if the turnout from down south is anything like it has been the last couple of years.
People are just busy. IMO the KC group is the most active MINI Club that I have been a member. I don't recall much traction for this event when it was originally proposed so I am not surprised that there isn't much movement.

I wouldn't take it personally, just understand that folks have competing events.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

So many KC folks are at the Dragon or attending college graduation events that weekend. May is a tough one. Perhaps it is time to retire the event if you are disappointed with the turnout. We can find another way to get together for an event. Appreciate you trying! :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I am planning on going, and willing to lead a caravan up from KC again this year.

This event is getting a lot of traction in the Central Iowa Club -- people are coming from across the state to join in.

If I am going by myself, so be it, but if we do have some people wanting to go, I will be happy to set up a meetup time and location.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: KCME/CIMC Joint Drive 5/14/16 (Saturday) OFFICIAL DETAIL

Post by IowaM1N1 »

So here's the plan...

Meet-up spot: Chick-fil-A, 110 N Conistor Ln, Liberty, MO
Let's meet up at the Chick-fil-A in Liberty, just off of I-35. Meet as early as you like, hang around, get some breakfast and coffee.
Let's plan to depart about 9:15am to head north.

(credit where credit is due, most of the post from this point on is copied directly from the CIMC club message...)

We will meet up with the CIMC at 11 AM in the parking lot of Toot-Toot Family Restaurant. The address is 2905 Miller St, Bethany, MO 64424. Here’s the link:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Scott ... c63c35be54

In the Toot-Toot parking lot we’ll hand out maps, do introductions, wait a bit for any stragglers, and then break for lunch. Many go to the Toot-Toot if it isn't too crowded and there’s also a Sonic nearby. May we suggest you dine lightly as some of these roads are quite hilly and we don’t want anyone loosing their lunch.

We'll plan on leaving our dining spots around noon, unless the KCME or CIMC convoy is late, and we'll line up in the Wal-Mart parking lot. There will be a FAST group and a SLOW group, identified by placards on the back of the cars at the rear of the line. Fast group on the left and slow group on the right. If you're comfortable working out your suspension in the curves, line up in the fast group. If you'd rather drive in a relaxed manner, pick the slow group. If the person in front of you is driving slower than you'd like, feel free to pass them when it's safe to do so and you'll probably both have more fun. This is a scenic drive and we will wait at every major stop/turn for the last car in the slow group to catch up, so there's nothing wrong with hanging out at the rear! If you'd like to volunteer for rear car duties but don’t have an FRS radio we’ll have a spare for you.

We'll probably try to leave Wal-Mart by 12:15 PM to start the drive. Here's a link to the Wal-Mart location: http://goo.gl/maps/LqqCz

Everybody should bring a FRS radio (aka walkie-talkie) if they have one. We'll use them to communicate hazards, or what not, on the route. FRS channel will be given out in Bethany.

So, who's going? I mean, besides me. :- )
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

Going to be hard to foster discussion about this drive considering my post in the FB group wasn't ever approved or was deleted.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Spart wrote:Going to be hard to foster discussion about this drive considering my post in the FB group wasn't ever approved or was deleted.
Will PM you to sort that out. I am a moderator there as well.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Evotipka
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Evotipka »

I'm glad I made it last year and am planning to go again this year. I just need to get the right kind of radio.
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

FRS 2-way radio with subchannels is the ticket (also called a privacy code I think.)

Motorolas are really common.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Evotipka wrote:I'm glad I made it last year and am planning to go again this year. I just need to get the right kind of radio.
I will have extra radios with me.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I have joined this ride twice and had a great time. The food at the Toot-Toot is very good too. I will be going----- :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'd like to go!
Count me in. Likely to be driving my 2006 JCW.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

Awesome! Greg is leading a convoy or you can fimd your own way up to Bethany.
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

the goose is goin and I will be glad to be tail end Charlie in the slow group. Never lost a Mini /MINI yet . Am actually going for the good food at the Toot-Toot. :roll: let me know when you want to leave David :)
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

BLUGOOSE wrote:the goose is goin and I will be glad to be tail end Charlie in the slow group. Never lost a Mini /MINI yet . Am actually going for the good food at the Toot-Toot. :roll: let me know when you want to leave David :)
Great! See you at Chikfila!
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

:thumbsup:

I scouted the last of the route today and had lunch in Leon. Should be a good time!
robbie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by robbie »

Anyone know about what time everybody gets back to KC? Basically if I'd have to be back by around 5:30, would the group be back by then? Or would I have to dip out a little early to get back by then? AND, is parting ways and leaving a little early if I need to allowed? Or is it somewhat of a club rule to stay with everybody until the very end?

Just a few questions. :) let me know! Trying to decide what to do.
Robbie

“Oliver” – 2011 Countryman S All4
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

robbie wrote:Anyone know about what time everybody gets back to KC? Basically if I'd have to be back by around 5:30, would the group be back by then? Or would I have to dip out a little early to get back by then? AND, is parting ways and leaving a little early if I need to allowed? Or is it somewhat of a club rule to stay with everybody until the very end?

Just a few questions. :) let me know! Trying to decide what to do.
We are normally done around 3pm in Lamoni and get some ice cream. Getting back to KC by 5:30 shouldn't be a problem. If you do have to leave early, it will be toward the very end of the event.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever