Concours D'Elegance car show, Crown Center, Saturday May 21

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Concours D'Elegance car show, Crown Center, Saturday May 21

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

The Heart of America Jaguar Club has invited us to join them for their Councours D'Elegance at Crown Center on Saturday, May 21st. Information from Mark Short is below, along with registration forms, flyers and liability released attached. Hope to see many of you there!

"Every year we hold our Concours D’Elegance at the Fountains at Crown Center. Our Concours is a National Event, and we judge the Jaguars for National points toward regional and national awards. Because the area is so large, and we never have enough cars to fill the area, so we have invited other British Marques to join us. The Austin Healey Club of Kansas City is a regular participant, as is the Rolls Royce Club (very few members ever bring out their cars!).

The Friday, May 20th, evening event is a Hospitality Party hosted by the Jaguar Club, and is optional for those who would like to attend. The Saturday event at Crown Center is free of charge, and lasts from 10:00am to 2:30 pm on May 21st, 2016. We ask that participants pre-register, and arrive between 8:30am and 10:00am such that we can lead each car to their assigned parking spot. We must submit a parking layout to Crown Center before the event for security reasons (this is why we ask you to pre-register so we know how many are coming).

If you are familiar with the Crown Center Venue you know how perfect the site is for displaying our beautiful British Cars. We are the only Car Club Organization which is granted access to this area during the year.

Cheers,

Mark Short
HEART OF AMERICA JAGUAR CLUB
Concours Chair"
Attachments
British Car Celebration 2016 Flyer Revised.pdf
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 258 times
2016 Entry and Registration Form.pdf
(664.21 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
2016 Entrant Release of Liability.pdf
(350.71 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Concours D'Elegance car show, Crown Center, Saturday May

Post by Minidave »

Maybe I'll bring my old Jag....... :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

This sounds awesome. Will be a lot of fun.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

Putting us on the "MAY BE ATTENDING" list for now. We have so many things going on it is hard to keep track and do all that we want.
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
Minidrama
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidrama »

Very interested, I have to check my calendar to see if I am free.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Excited about this one!

They have asked that all cars be pre-registered. If you all find out you can go, please make sure to send that in.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I think I can do this! It sounds like fun and the Classic is running pretty good right now :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Is it just the hospitality event that costs money or does the show cost money as well? The flyer doesn't give any specifics.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

Zackattack28 wrote:Is it just the hospitality event that costs money or does the show cost money as well? The flyer doesn't give any specifics.
Looks like the show is no cost per the last paragraph on the flyer .

Sounds like fun but I will be birthday partying with my daughter that day
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

nine5raptor wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote:Is it just the hospitality event that costs money or does the show cost money as well? The flyer doesn't give any specifics.

Blame that on my lack of reading skills, lol.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

Zackattack28 wrote:
nine5raptor wrote:

Blame that on my lack of reading skills, lol.
I actually thought the same thing (same question - not about your reading skills. :D ) but didn't see the answer until you asked and I went back and reread it!
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

You are correct, there is no charge for the show. It is only the hospitality event that has a charge and it is optional. :D
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I think it is nice that the Jag Club is allowing those of you with "BMW" MINIs to attend this British car event.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MiniManiac wrote:I think it is nice that the Jag Club is allowing those of you with "BMW" MINIs to attend this British car event.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Remember when this was a constant? I lost count of how many times I would have to point out where my car was made and how many British car shows were less than welcoming. Glad to see the tide changing.
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

ragtopday wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:I think it is nice that the Jag Club is allowing those of you with "BMW" MINIs to attend this British car event.
Remember when this was a constant? I lost count of how many times I would have to point out where my car was made and how many British car shows were less than welcoming. Glad to see the tide changing.
It was the same thing when I had my Eagle Talon. I had to point out that my import was built in Normal, Illinois, whereas their domestic was built in Canada or Mexico.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote: Remember when this was a constant? I lost count of how many times I would have to point out where my car was made and how many British car shows were less than welcoming. Glad to see the tide changing.
The best was the Jag dealer in Colorado Springs. I had my classic at their British Car Show. All "non Jags" were relegated to an offset holding area which I thought was a little more than rude. When I mentioned that I also had a new R56 MINI, the manager informed that it wasn't British. I guess the dumbass didn't know that his precious little Jag was owned by an Indian company and prior Ford - LOL.

The best are the haters within our own community. Whether it is classic minis against everyone, R53 drivers hating on R56s and so on. Get a life.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
ragtopday wrote: Remember when this was a constant? I lost count of how many times I would have to point out where my car was made and how many British car shows were less than welcoming. Glad to see the tide changing.
The best was the Jag dealer in Colorado Springs. I had my classic at their British Car Show. All "non Jags" were relegated to an offset holding area which I thought was a little more than rude. When I mentioned that I also had a new R56 MINI, the manager informed that it wasn't British. I guess the dumbass didn't know that his precious little Jag was owned by an Indian company and prior Ford - LOL.

The best are the haters within our own community. Whether it is classic minis against everyone, R53 drivers hating on R56s and so on. Get a life.
As a prior owner of an R53, I loved that car but I love my R55 Clubman as well. They're different cars for sure. But they all share the same pedigree. They are all still Mini's, even if the underpinnings say BMW.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I need to send in my registration form!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:I need to send in my registration form!
Sent mine in a few days ago. This is gonna be fun. Already started getting my car ready.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:I need to send in my registration form!
Sent mine in a few days ago. This is gonna be fun. Already started getting my car ready.
I will get mine ready on the morning of the 21st. Armed Forces Appreciation Day!!! LOL
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

An email update from the Jaguar Club:

"To the HOAJC Jaguar Concours Team,

As a result of the email “blast” we have snared 4 more people (2 couples) for the Friday evening Hospitality Party. I believe this brings our total to 27 folks for dinner. We also have one more car to judge on Saturday, with approx. 15 entries so far; we just received our first “Mini” entry in today’s mail. I will send out via US mail another Concours reminder, and attend the Austin Healey of Kansas City Club Meeting this Tuesday to remind the members to get their reservations in!

Thought I should bring you up to speed on other items as well.
a.) Our insurance coverage has been totally approved, and we are good to go for Saturday.
b.) The dash plaques are in, and ready to hand out to the entrants.
c.) Jaguar Club trophies have arrived, and we are set for any increase, dramatic or otherwise in judged entries. Everyone who enters and wins will receive their AWARD on Saturday.
d.) Score sheets will be completed and handed to entrants as they arrive on Saturday morning. Nancy Short and Kerry Evans-Spillman will be handing out entry packets and directing participants to their assigned parking.
e.) Our music for Friday evening (the Craig Smith Duet) is confirmed and in place.

f.) The outside music for the Concours is supplied by Conference Technologies, and our contract is in place for The British Invasion music and microphone for award presentation.

g.) We are gathering all of the rope, stanchions, signage, etc. for the set-up on Saturday morning.

h.) Sandy Van Tuyl (Rick’s wife) has been kind enough to pick-up the sandwiches for the Judges lunch.

i.) Nancy and I will supply 3 coolers with bottled ice water available for all entrants, families, and judges. It could really be hot this year judging by this spring weather.

j.) Please note: This year we will have visitors from the Missouri Council for the Blind, and they will be on-site for approximately 30 to 45 minutes. They have requested that our members give a brief description of their car and allow the blind to touch the car if they would like. We realize this might be objectionable to some owners, particularly if you are showing your car. Please inform the group and our representative with the group if that be the case, and touching will not be allowed. Thank you for working with us for this very worthy cause.

k.) Our photographer, Ed Blend (from the KC Triumph Club) will be on site to photograph both Friday evening and Saturday’s Concours.

l.) Times for the event are as follows:

Friday evening, 5:00pm Set-up

6:00 – 9:00 Dinner and drinks with entertainment

9:00 – 10:00 Break down

Saturday Concours 7:00AM Set-up begins

8:30AM First Entrant arrives

Participants arrive until 10:00AM

11:30AM Judges Meeting

12:00 Noon - Judge Feeding

12:30 Announce “Towels Down” and judging begins

12:45 – 2:00pm Judging of Vehicles, scores tabulated.

2:30 All Entrants dismissed, with Jaguar people assisting with exit from the square

2:45 Award presentation

3:00 Site breakdown and clean-up.

Hard to believe the Concours is in 2 weeks from today!!! Please advise if I have forgotten anything. Thanks for your help as always.

Mark"
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I wonder if that was my entry that he was mentioning. I sent it about 3 or 4 days ago.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Zackattack28 wrote:I wonder if that was my entry that he was mentioning. I sent it about 3 or 4 days ago.
I bet it was your entry! I know there are at least 3 others MINIs/Minis going so hopefully those registrations will be in his hands soon. This is going to be fun! :D
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

ragtopday wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote:I wonder if that was my entry that he was mentioning. I sent it about 3 or 4 days ago.
I bet it was your entry! I know there are at least 3 others MINIs/Minis going so hopefully those registrations will be in his hands soon. This is going to be fun! :D
I'm really excited about this. I'm doing everything I can to make sure my car looks its absolute best. Debating at the moment whether to show it with or without the roof rack installed.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Zackattack28 wrote:
I'm really excited about this. I'm doing everything I can to make sure my car looks its absolute best. Debating at the moment whether to show it with or without the roof rack installed.
I think it's terrific for folks to see roof racks installed AND in use at shows. I've always enjoyed seeing a bike on a MINI or a cargo box, etc...