Mini Takes the States 2016

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Mini Takes the States 2016

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Who is going? What legs of the journey will you motor? Are you going all the way?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Roll Call!

Post by CowboyCoop »

Brian and I are going the whole route. Not sure what Mini We are taking, I know if we take the Clubman, Im going to have to get new Tires, seems the back tires are cupped, from not Rotating the tires enough, guess every 8000 miles was not enough, and the road noise will drive me crazy. But taking the convertable would be enjoyable to cruise with the top down. So its all still in the air.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
CathyV
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CathyV »

Richard and I made the decision yesterday we are going to do the entire thing this time. We love all of the locations, and, if we are going to "go all the way" at least one time, this is the one!

I am thinking we will take my Countryman - less miles since it is newer than his Clubman, and it holds more stuff, although we are going to try to pack light, and use some ideas I have seen on the MTTS 2016 Facebook page.

I have started my spreadsheets, calculating expenses, requested PTO at work, checking to see how many hotel rewards and American Express rewards points I can use to book hotels and save even more money! Not sure I am ready to book hotels. I want to know where the events are first, then book.

Has anyone seen anything specific to the tracks we will be visiting? Other than the beginning and end - I have not.
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

Jane and I decided we are doing the whole route. We have most of our hotel reservations made (at least near the main event cities on the tour route map). Still flexible on hotels and may change in March when MTTS publishes more details.
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

From the looks of the RSVPs here so far, I should maybe stay home and cash in with a dog-sitting service. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We are pretty sure we are doing Minneapolis to Sturgis. Johnna, I think that idea you have about staying behind and dog sitting might just be a winner! :lol:
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
dstewart1019
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dstewart1019 »

GOING ALL THE WAY !!!!!
beepbeep
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by beepbeep »

Johnna, I think Dayzi and Jhasper would love to have a 15 day sleepover at your house
BeepBeep 2011 Mini Cooper Convertible (R57) Spice Orange
Frigid B* 2024 Mini Cooper SE (F57) Nanuq White w/Silver Roof
Former Mini's
Sapphire - 2019 F55 S
Mystique 2022 Mini Cooper JCW (F57) Enigmatic Black
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

beepbeep wrote:Johnna, I think Dayzi and Jhasper would love to have a 15 day sleepover at your house
I would love that, too! Between you guys and Laurie & Larry's pooches, it's gonna get full at the inn. :lol:
nesailor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nesailor »

Kristi and I are looking to join in Sioux Falls and ride till Vegas.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Currently planning on coast-to-coast, hoping that things stay aligned to make it happen.

MTTS is STILL not Judy's idea of a vacation, no matter how much I try to convince her. So, will be traveling solo again this time, caravanning with my odd little group of MINI friends I have picked up across the country over the years.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

Has there been any discussion in this group regarding doing a caravan from KC to Atlanta with a stop in between?
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

Registration is open and we have signed on for the whole shebang! The host and partner hotels in each city have been listed on the website. Since it was hard to jump back and forth and confusing one of the people on Face Book compiled them all into one PDF for easier navigation. I attached it here for any one that may want to use it.

Getting really pumped for this now!

Well discovered PDF files cannot be uploaded so cannot add the file. If you would like a copy contact me and I will forward to your email address. Otherwise, it is available as a post on Face Book at
List of partner hotels from IHG
List of partner hotels from IHG
MTTS-PDF.jpg (142.96 KiB) Viewed 40496 times
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Thanks for the info Steve! We are officially registered for Minneapolis to Sturgis. I've booked rooms in all 3 cities near the partner hotels listed. It looks like the night in Sioux Falls is ours to do with what we want. Have they done that before? How does that work? Do we follow the route sheet for the day and check in somewhere when we get there then go off on our own? I'm just curious, the previous dates we attended were always structured.
~Laurie~

beepbeep
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by beepbeep »

Marc and I are registered and ready to drive, Super Excited to go from Atlanta to Palm Springs. Now we just need to button down all of our hotel in each city. Jhasper and Dayzi are pouting as I type this message :( . They don't want us to be gone that long, and I have a fear they will disown us once we get back home from the trip.
BeepBeep 2011 Mini Cooper Convertible (R57) Spice Orange
Frigid B* 2024 Mini Cooper SE (F57) Nanuq White w/Silver Roof
Former Mini's
Sapphire - 2019 F55 S
Mystique 2022 Mini Cooper JCW (F57) Enigmatic Black
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Laurie wrote: It looks like the night in Sioux Falls is ours to do with what we want. Have they done that before? How does that work? Do we follow the route sheet for the day and check in somewhere when we get there then go off on our own? I'm just curious, the previous dates we attended were always structured.
The one that comes to mind was Lubbock in 2014. It was officially a free night. One Coast-to-Coaster (a friend of mine coincidentally) put together a MINI night out at the drive-in theater in Lubbock, so a good-sized group of MINIs headed there. But I know there were a LOT of other MINIs that didn't go there. I didn't hear any other stories about what others did that night, as I hung out and visited with friends at the drive-in.

I will go back and look at the route sheet for that night to see where it directed us. I suspect that the route sheet took us to the event hotel.

I would expect that the newly-forming Facebook event pages (under the MTTS 2016 page) for those nights will eventually have some coordinated activities put together by some of the locals, hopefully. That should give us some options for those nights.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Thanks Greg!
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

IowaM1N1 wrote:
Laurie wrote: It looks like the night in Sioux Falls is ours to do with what we want. Have they done that before? How does that work? Do we follow the route sheet for the day and check in somewhere when we get there then go off on our own? I'm just curious, the previous dates we attended were always structured.
The one that comes to mind was Lubbock in 2014. It was officially a free night. One Coast-to-Coaster (a friend of mine coincidentally) put together a MINI night out at the drive-in theater in Lubbock, so a good-sized group of MINIs headed there. But I know there were a LOT of other MINIs that didn't go there. I didn't hear any other stories about what others did that night, as I hung out and visited with friends at the drive-in.

I will go back and look at the route sheet for that night to see where it directed us. I suspect that the route sheet took us to the event hotel.

I would expect that the newly-forming Facebook event pages (under the MTTS 2016 page) for those nights will eventually have some coordinated activities put together by some of the locals, hopefully. That should give us some options for those nights.
When MTTS rolled through KC, I don't think there was an official evening event either. The check-in for that was at Baron and they had snowcones. I think that's right? Anyone else recall that? That year may have been different because it was the year of the feeder routes coming together in Denver.
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

We are still planning on taking the whole route of Mini Takes the States 2016, but we are skipping, and canceling any and all functions in North Carolina. We can not support a State that just passed a Anti-Gay Discrimintory Law. :(
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

IowaM1N1 wrote:

As I suspected, the route sheet took us to the event hotel.

"Tonight's Evening Event:
We've come a long way! Take a night off and explore Lubbock with friends old and new. Take a walk around Texas Tech University. Check out the free concert at the Buddy Holly Center or head over to Stars and Stripes Drive-in. We'll see you in the morning!"
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Fergie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Fergie »

We are registered for Minneapolis and Sioux Falls. This is our first MTTS adventure. Hope to catch up with club members during the "night on your own" in Sioux Falls!!
L & K
:elec: :D
"Fergie" 2011 MINI Cooper S - Ice Blue/White
BigBertha2
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BigBertha2 »

we are registered for Sioux Falls, Sturgis and Cheyenne
BigBertha2
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BigBertha2 »

we are registered for Sioux Falls, Sturgis and Cheyenne
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

FEEDER ROUTE TO MINNEAPOLIS 7/16

Post by Laurie »

Starting MTTS in Minneapolis? There is a feeder route from KC, leaving from Liberty on Saturday the 16th.
We will meet at the HyVee Gas Station/Caribou Coffee, 300 MO 291 at 7:45am, leaving at 8am.
Who's going to join us?

Laurie & Larry (Laurie)
Johnna & John (Ragtopday)
Amy (MrMini)
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
~Laurie~

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: FEEDER ROUTE TO MINNEAPOLIS 7/16

We will meet you in Liberty!