#DefyHunger, Harvesters Volunteer Saturday, July 30th 2-4

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

#DefyHunger, Harvesters Volunteer Saturday, July 30th 2-4

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

As you may already know, the charitable partner for Mini Takes The States this year is Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks that feed more than 46 million people through food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, and other community-based agencies. The local organization affiliated with Feeding America is Harvesters, which our club has long supported, providing thousands of meals every year through our fundraising at Minis at the Market as well as volunteering several times over the years.

To support the #DefyHunger campaign of Mini Takes the States locally, we have an opportunity to volunteer at Harvesters on Saturday, July 30th from 2 to 4 P.M. Anyone can volunteer, even your kiddos. Please comment by July 23rd with how many adults and children will be joining us to sort and repackage donated food in the Volunteer Engagement Center at 3801 Topping Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64129.

Harvesters encourages volunteers to wear casual clothing (jeans, shorts, t-shirts) and requires all volunteers to wear close-toed shoes. Open-toed shoes (including flip flops and sandals) are not allowed. While the Volunteer Outreach Center is heated and cooled, it is a warehouse environment that is not as warm or as cool as a typical office or home.

Harvesters would appreciate our RSVP by the 23rd of July. Please comment below with how many are coming. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

(Twenty spots guaranteed. More may be available, but we will need to check with Harvesters once we reach 20.)

1. Johnna
2. John
3. Larry
4. Laurie
5. Deb
6. Wesley
7. Sue
8. Dori
9. Dave
10. Charlotte
11. Carole
12. Michael
13. Ethan H.
14. Jeff
15. Jane
16. Jon
17. Jamie
18. Carter
19. Abbey
20. Ethan A.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: #DefyHunger, Harvesters Volunteer Saturday, July 30th 2-

Post by MiniX4 John »

I'll be there! Can we bring food to donate as well?
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MiniX2 wrote:I'll be there! Can we bring food to donate as well?
Yes, Harvesters would LOVE food donations. Not required, but appreciated.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We haven't done this as a club for a good while, I'm glad to see it back. :) You can put Larry and I down for some work.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
jonnyanalog
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by jonnyanalog »

I'm in. My kiddos are undecided.
2011 Cooper S Clubman
White Silver/Black
Minidrama
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidrama »

Deb and I are in.
Suji
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Suji »

Count me In please

-Sue
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Count me in.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

The princess and I will be there. Wonder if we will be washing eggs as we did one time? That was a woot :lol:
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

Carole and I (Michael) would love to help. Harvesters is one of my favorite organizations! :indi:
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!
BigBertha2
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BigBertha2 »

jeff truitt and jane truitt will volunteer
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks, everyone! Our 20 volunteer spots are full, however we may be able to snag more spots if you haven't signed up yet and would like to. Just let me know and I'll contact Harvesters. :D
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Something to keep in mind, some companies offer contribution match programs, so if you were considering making a monetary donation, your company may match it.

Thanks