Ozark Weekend Run, May 11-13, 2018

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Ozark Weekend Run, May 11-13, 2018

Post by Minidave »

Our own John Styers is planning an event in May, open to all MINIs and Minis......come one come all.

Hey fellow Mini Owners!

Wanted to let you know that my buddy, Russ Amos and I are planning an Ozarks weekend drive for May 11-13...yes, that is Mother’s Day weekend. While we are planning this on behalf of the Midwest Se7ens group, it is open to other clubs/drivers with a passion for the Arkansas/Missouri back roads.

Each day will include a fun run that will return us to the hotel in the early afternoon (2ish), however, plenty of opportunities to head back out in the late afternoon if one so desires.

Thursday Arrival to Mountain Home, AR
Friday 9am Departure for South Loop run, including Push Mountain Road
Saturday 9am Departure for North Loop run, including Peel Ferry
Sunday...optional run through Push Mountain Road and head home

Host hotel is the Ramada Inn,1127 Hwy 62 E, Mountain Home, AR 72653; (870-425-9191); we are working a group rate now. Rack rate right now is $69

If you haven't driven these southern Mo and northern Arkansas roads you're in for a treat! Twists and turns galore and very little traffic make for super fun runs! I hope a number of KC MINI/Minis will make the event...I'll be there with my Racing Green Mini!

Johnna, could you cross post to the Facetube page? Thanks!
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed sticky post event
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Ozark Weekend Run, May 11-13, 2018

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Minidave wrote: Johnna, could you cross post to the Facetube page? Thanks!
Crossposted in a FB post on the KC MINI page, added to the pinned post of all upcoming events on FB, added to the website calendar at kcminiclub.com. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks Johnna!

Not a lot of responses to this run, I would think an Ozark run in May would be just what cooped up Cooper owners would be up for!

Remember - this run is open to all MINI and Mini owners!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Minidave wrote:Thanks Johnna!

Not a lot of responses to this run, I would think an Ozark run in May would be just what cooped up Cooper owners would be up for!

Remember - this run is open to all MINI and Mini owners!
I'm surprised more aren't interested. Maybe more teaser posts from John and others attending will help? Perfect time of year and what a great area! I'd be there if I didn't make most of May's income on Mother's Day. :(
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

Jane and I are thinking of participating in this weekend. Some newer rides than the Minis in the Ozarks. Sounds like a fun weekend.
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
WHUTFUN
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by WHUTFUN »

Due to several other commitments we are not going to be able to attend this rally after all.
Jane and Steve - 2013 S Convertible. Reef Blue-black top with white/ivory interior. Quick Silver exhaust with JCW Tune Kit for more SPUNK. Lots of chrome and goodies. This is Jane's second dream car and dressed to show it.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

This run is coming up quickly now......here is the updated info on runs and the host hotel...

So far there are 3 Locosts, 1 Caterham, 1 Stalker, 2 Goblins, 1 S2000, 1 350Z, 1 BMW Z4, 1 MINI/Mini and 1 Corvette and a couple of TBD's coming.

Well just two weeks to go until the Gathering. I hope everyone is ready for this. Here is our meal schedule: Thursday night’s 7:00pm dinner will be at The Fish House 44 Hwy 101 Cutoff (about 6 miles east of the hotel. Friday lunch will be at Cookie’s 65761 US 160 Theodosia, Mo .Friday’s 7:00pm dinner will be at Colton’s Steak House 2390 Hwy 62E in Mtn. Hm, Ar. Saturday we will have lunch at The Taco Truck in Gainesville, Mo. 7:00pm Dinner will be at Holy Smokes BBQ 400 AR-201 Mtn Hm. Breakfasts each day will be the free breakfast at the hotel or for a really good meal try Mel’s Diner about 1 mile west of the hotel at 960 US-62 Bus #6. Great meals can be had there. Just be sure you are hungry because the meals are big!!!! For the lunches and dinners I’ll need to get an accurate count on how many will be at each of these places. The restaurants are small and they will need to bring in extra staff to serve us. I’ll contact the email group later next week to get the final count.

Thursday afternoon and evening we will just have some short blats to exercise out legs. Friday we will depart the hotel at 8:30am and drive about 110 miles to Theodosia, Mo. via the Peel Ferry. The ferry can only take about 10 cars each trip so there will be a long wait there. After lunch we will drive about 120 miles north and east through Gentryville and West Plains, Mo. and back to the hotel. Saturday we will start out again at 8:30am. The blat will be about 140 miles. We will drive south on the Push Mountain Road then east to Mountain View, Ar. Then drive north to Gainesville, Mo for lunch and an impromptu car show for the locals there to see our cars. After lunch the drive will be about 80 miles. We will go north through Dora, Mo. then south back to the hotel. I am trying to have gas stops at least every 100 miles or less and the gas stations should have “No Alcohol” premium gas there. Gas stops will be long with this many cars. Temps can be hot down there so bring water and snacks. The follow up vehicles will have some space for some of the items that won’t fit in your car (no they won’t be carrying any gas cans so don’t ask). Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings after dinner will be spent at the host hotel trading stories and giving free tech tips. Sunday morning after breakfast we can do some short blats if anyone wants to and then say our goodbyes. Pray for good weather!!!!!!!!

Here is the host hotel info

OK, just got off the phone with the Ramada Mountain Home Motel in
Mountain Home, AR. We have some rooms set aside for us May 10-13 for the
Gathering. Rooms are $69.00 plus tax per night under the name "Midwest
Sevens Gathering". Phone number is 870-425-9191. It is a nice motel with
plenty of parking for trailers. I am really looking forward to seeing
old friends and meeting new ones too. It sounds like we will be having a
few original British Minis joining us for our blats. We'll have to see
if they can keep up with us, TeeHee. Be sure to remind people on the
forums about this event. I will be away from my computer from March
19-April 10 so I will not have access to emails or the forums. Russ Amos
Hi! My name's Dave!