Tour de Donut, Saturday, April 27th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Tour de Donut, Saturday, April 27th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

bradical19 wrote:I know I am one day late. Anyway to still get on the list? If not, no biggey. Just figured I would ask. It would be 1 mini, two miniacs, and one passport.

Have a great Easter everyone!

Brad
Drop me a PM here, there’s an option for you!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Who’s ready for Saturday? See you all at 8am Saturday morning at Donutology!
E24FB431-0FE9-4812-A8E6-49F2DA24A66F.jpeg
E24FB431-0FE9-4812-A8E6-49F2DA24A66F.jpeg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 16754 times
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

<3 I need new adventure stickers!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Laurie wrote:<3 I need new adventure stickers!
These are a nice matte finish. Really like how they turned out!!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A few questions I’ve been asked this week, will post here in case anyone else is in need of similar info. :)

1. The start point is Donutology on Westport Road, 8am. The final stop of the tour is in the Northland. We should arrive there by 11:30.

2. There is no day-of registration, please. The small, locally owned businesses know we are coming and are trying to balance a large group of us arriving at one time with their staffing capabilities. Thanks for understanding.

3. Distance of drive: this is a relatively short drive due to the logistics of moving and parking this many MINIs and Minis. There is no interstate driving on the route. All roads are paved. Potholes guaranteed!

4. Bathrooms. Available at all but one stop this time. Yay!!!

5. Volunteering. YES! I could use a hand with the following: a MINI or Mini to “sweep,” stay at the back of the pack and make sure no one is left behind. I also would love help picking up two boxes of donuts at Donutology and delivering them to a business along the route who has lent us their parking lot. Thanks for offering to help!

6. Media presence. Possible! If it happens, it will be last minute and depends on the news cycle. If you are someone who likes to get up very early and could be at Donutology at 7am, please let me know. Last time a photojournalist caught a ride on parts of the route. If you would be interested in letting them tag along, please let me know and I’ll keep you posted.

7. Will police officers be joining us again for donuts? Yes! They’ve been invited again this year and if they are not busy, they will be joining us for donuts.

I’ll update here if anything else pops up. Excited!
Suji
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Suji »

what would be the best donut shop to buy additional donuts? I need to get a couple to go for the people that don't fit in my MINI ha ha
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The best shop to buy additional donuts would be the first one, Donutology. They should be fully stocked at 8am. The second stop is making donuts just for us, but may have extras and for sure will have plenty of other sweet treats available.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We can volunteer for the pickup/drop off to the parking business.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks for volunteering, Laurie!

Who can help with sweeping the route? Bueller? Bueller?
576164F3-CAC9-4D73-BF99-3B129812D484.jpeg
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

A big thanks to all of you who made the trek yesterday on Tour de Donut. What a great time having donuts, Paczki, krownuts, banh tieu and awamat! A round of applause for all of the volunteers who helped get donuts served, cars parked and more. I appreciate you all jumping in wherever needed to make this super fun rolling donut feast happen. :D

Are you on Instagram? Tag your pics from yesterday with #kcdonuttour and #kcminiclub. Photos are being regrammed on IG at KCMiniClub.
80C3762D-318D-48DC-A250-84158681198C.jpeg
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I snacked on the yummy Pike's Place PB braid ( my new favorite) all day today & the other Cronut (Scott's favorite) met with a mysterious end early this morning but now that we have recovered from the 2 day sugar high, it is time to thank Johnna and John for all their hard work putting together this great event!!!! They put so much time and effort in to all the details, the donut shops, parking, directions, passports and stamps, etc,etc etc.
We are very lucky these Miniacs are in our club! Thank you again!!' This was such a fun event!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Aww, thanks, Marlow Main. I appreciate YOU lending a hand! It sure was a fun day spent with so many MINIs, Minis and Miniacs.