Calling All Miniacs! Sunday June 9th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Calling All Miniacs! Sunday June 9th

Post by Minidave »

Looking for club members to volunteer to help me at my property in Olathe....

Rose and I bought some land out in Olathe a number of years ago to build our dream home, but the universe had other ideas. Now after a number of years and some health setbacks we're going to have to sell it, but before we can do that we need to do a little sprucing up first - cutting brush and some small trees. The good news is all we have to do is carry it to the curb and the city will haul it off.

So grab your chain saw, weed whacker, loppers and what have you and meet me Sunday morning at the address. I'll have plenty of water and sodas, and pizza for lunch. When we're all done the beers are on me!

If we get enough folks it won't take too long as I'm not trying to make it into something you'd find on Architectural Digest! :mrgreen:

I appreciate anyone who can help, we need carry-er's as well as choppers, so anyone can help.

The Address is 25480 w 131st, Olathe, I'll be out there about 8 am, come anytime! Sunday June 9th

My cell is 913-948-3652

So far, the weather looks to be co-operating!

Volunteers:

MiniDave
John & Johnna Perry
Ric Old
Richard & Ellen Craven
Bryce Stout
Bill and Christine Boda
Seth Weaver
Pat Porzelt
Colin Ryser
Keith Masterson
Last edited by ragtopday Johnna on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: removed sticky, returned to normal post event
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Calling All Miniacs! Sunday June 9th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I’ll be there with the shade thing and John will bring chainsaw and such.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I got my chainsaw fired up tonight - haven't used it in probably 5 years. The brake was locked up but once I got it free it ran like a champ.

Next I'll get the weed whacker to run....that might be a bit of a challenge as it's pretty worn out. But if I can get it to go it will be useful.

I've got Gatorade, water and Rose put together a small first aid package, some gloves, bug spray and sunblock.....

I'll pick up ice that morning on my way out.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I have a weed wacker but no chain saw. I will have my truck so if we need to haul from one end of the property to the other we will be good.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks, bring your weed whacker for sure, mine may or may not run.....I got my chainsaw running so I'll have it.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

OK, we are as set for tomorrow's bush whacking adventure as we can be. The ZTR is running and I got the place mowed, the tractor runs but has a huge hydraulic leak where a squirrel or something has chewed thru one of the hoses. I was able to get one replaced but could not get the other one off in time to get it to the hose shop. So, while the tractor is drivable it's not really useable for anything we'll need it for.

The weather is co-operating, it will be dry and warm, so make sure you have sun block and bug spray.

I'll have plenty of water and ice, I also have a few chairs for when someone needs to sit down and cool off a bit, and there is plenty of shade under the trees so no issue there.

One thing, there are no bathroom facilities, so if you need to use one you'll have to make the 5 min drive to the nearest McD's or something. Guys can just find a tree of course - ladies are welcome to do the same but we all know you won't... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We will park on the street on the side opposite the property, the road is a cul de sac so traffic is always very light and the road was repaved yesterday so it's all new and fresh.

Thanks in advance to everyone who has volunteered to help, I REALLY appreciate your thoughtfulness! See you all tomorrow.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

A HUGE thank you to all who came out and helped......here are a couple of pics of the aftermath of all our efforts.....
Attachments
WP_20190611_11_10_41_ProR.jpg
WP_20190611_11_10_13_ProR.jpg
WP_20190611_09_49_55_ProR.jpg
WP_20190609_12_09_18_ProR.jpg
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC