KCME Upgrade?

Info & Updates on Unofficial Club Funding, Supplies, etc...
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

KCME Upgrade?

Post by KangaMINI »

Hello party people-

I got an email request from Brent to install a calendar mod into the forums here - which I have no problem doing and it should only take a few minutes to do.

However, phpBB 3.0 was just recently released, and I was wondering if you would like me to upgrade the forums to the newer version of the software?

The reason I ask is because some of the extra mods might take a while to catch up to the new version of the forum software. I'll leave it to you all to decide what is the course of action you'd like to pursue :)

Thanks,
Rich
KangaMINI
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Up to you, but the site works well as it is, doesn't it?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Rich--

Is it possible as far as a calendar to use something like localendar.com and also add a link to it from the homepage of the website? At the last event at Baron a couple of potential members expressed that the forum doesn't appeal to them but if we would post upcoming events somewhere on the website (not the forum), they would find that easier to navigate.

Another nice option with localendar is the ease of adding dates and links to info, at least from my perspective. Perhaps there's something else out there that works as well, just suggesting localendar because of past experience.

Thanks, Rich, for all the work you continue to do for the club!!

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

I installed a calendaring software on the KCME site for you all to test out - http://www.kcminiclub.com/calendar/

Creating a user is currently disabled since I figure you don't want everyone to have access but the program looks pretty slick and pretty easy to use.

Email your usernames and a simple non-secret password (that you can change later to something secret) to setup an admin account for you on it so that you can play with it.

:)
KangaMINI
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

This looks great to me, Rich. It's pretty similar to localendar, just a bit smaller on my screen. Will you be able to add a "calendar" link to the top of the front page at www.kcminiclub.com?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

Links are easy :)

I believe I saw that the interface is customizable, so you can adjust how big it gets displayed (number of pixels wide), etc.
KangaMINI
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Terrific! You rock, Rich!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Man, I'm sorry I missed the Cat Wash on March 7th! that must have been something to see! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)