Printed materials at Baron

Info & Updates on Unofficial Club Funding, Supplies, etc...
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Printed materials at Baron

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

For about 18 months, I've dropped postcards by Baron with a list of the club's upcoming events on one side, general info on the club on the flip side. Some months I drop by additional cards if the first batch is gone, other months more than half of them end up in the recycling bin.

I would like to switch to one standard postcard with info on the club that is not customized each and every month but instead has contact info (the website) for our events. This seems a "greener" alternative than printing something new each month and seeing many of them tossed. Plus there are framed announcements at Baron thanks to Saturn and Minidave with the upcoming event dates.

As long as no one is opposed to this, I'll get moving on something that coordinates with our club spotter cards and stickers. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think pointing people to the Website is a good thing...........do we have a "Cover page" or "Splash page", before you go to the forums? I've always just opened on this page - if we did we could have a small upcoming events list right on the front page, with a link to the details in the forum thread.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

We do have a cover page at www.kcminiclub.com which has recently had a link to the club calendar added. Hopefully that gets folks pointed the right direction. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
saturn

Post by saturn »

Ragtopday, the last two flyers that I have "custom" made for the club saw fewer then 12 or so left at the dealership. I print minimal copies just for that reason and adjust quantities due to what's left from the previous month. As far as being "greener", the paper that the flyers are printed on are 100% recycled paper, as well as the flyers that are left over are recycled. If I might chime in on a personal note, the flyers now have "personality" and grab peoples attention which is what I think that we are trying to accomplish.
The flyers cost me nothing to design, and nothing to print. I can't see how we can get better than that? I do not mind designing them , or getting them produced, or dropping them by Baron for that matter. Wasn't that the reason why you had asked for a volunteer designer, to design and post flyers at Baron for you? I'm confused here!?!
**UPDATE** For the record, this is not being taken as personal, as I'm just trying to get the KCMINICLUB as much recognition as I can.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I think we are talking about two different things...my understanding is that you were making the flyers that go in the frames at Baron. Did someone ask you to make the postcards as well?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

He makes a "mini" version of the flyers that are in the frames and we leave them there with the others.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:He makes a "mini" version of the flyers that are in the frames and we leave them there with the others.
It would have been nice to tell me that since I still take postcards there.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm going to press on with the postcard concept, something that will not be dated and will be available at Baron from month to month. As with the previous 18 months postcards, it will contain information on the club, the website, etc...It will be two-sided and coordinate with the club cards, stickers and logo for a cohesive theme on club marketing materials.

Since there wasn't a huge outpouring of dissidence on the forum, I'm hoping this is alright with everyone who wants to do what we can to promote the club and our activities. :wink:
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I agree that keeping our logo and web info out their is important, it is all about branding. Since Saturn has already offered up his time and talents for the flyers and cards, why not work with him and pass that task off. I am sure he would be willing to make the cards with the club look and feel. Let's take advantage of members that are willing to devote their skills for the benefit of the club.
saturn

Post by saturn »

As long as no-one minds, I'm still going to do a custom flyer, I've received nothing but positive comments about them. :thumbsup:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Marlow Main wrote:Let's take advantage of members that are willing to devote their skills for the benefit of the club.
That's exactly what I'm doing--giving my skills for the benefit of the club and now am being told to pass it off to someone else? How's that for a thanks for volunteering?

I've tiring of the crankiness around here lately. I started a simple thread with a suggestion of something new I'd like to do and get told my current efforts are personality-less, I need to pass the task on, etc...Did I take a wrong turn and end up over at NAM?

Johnna (who misses the days of friendly faces and gripe-free motoring)
saturn

Post by saturn »

ragtopday wrote:
Marlow Main wrote:Let's take advantage of members that are willing to devote their skills for the benefit of the club.
That's exactly what I'm doing--giving my skills for the benefit of the club and now am being told to pass it off to someone else? How's that for a thanks for volunteering?

I've tiring of the crankiness around here lately. I started a simple thread with a suggestion of something new I'd like to do and get told my current efforts are personality-less, I need to pass the task on, etc...Did I take a wrong turn and end up over at NAM?

No one ever said your "efforts" were personality-less. Misquoting only adds more unnecessary fuel to the misconstrued fire.
As far as being cranky, When you said "It would have been nice to tell me that since I still take postcards there" can be translated just as cranky as anyone else's comments. it doesn't include a "That's great that you do that, but I wanted to add something else or "Thanks for helping promote the club." It's all how the translator wants to translate. It seems that that was the point were things started going a little "personal". Really, what is the difference if we both take flyers there?
When this thread was started, I had assumed that you knew about the smaller versions of the flyer, since it was mentioned in another post that you had started, as well as them being at Baron when you dropped off the last batch of postcards. (I was at Baron 2 days after you dropped them off getting my car serviced and saw them on the counters right next to the mini flyers, assuming that you had put them there and saw them.) When I responded, I though that it was because you felt that the flyers that I had been creating for the club weren't "green" hence my post.
We are all after the same thing.
We're ALL after the same goal, having fun as a group of Mini Enthusiasts and getting as many people involved as we can.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Well now you all know how I feel after I made a suggestion/inquiry for doing our own event. I pretty much got nothing but crankiness from many individuals for my efforts when all I wanted was to get some people together to discuss the possibilities. Johnna is right there are too many cranky comments lately (mine included), lets get back to a positive and supportive environment. I will start it off rght here right now.

I value Johnna and Kevin's time, effort and commitment to their craft, skill and devotion to the Mini Club. GOOD for you guys and the work you do, please keep it up I think it really helps. :D :D :D :D :D
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

ragtopday wrote:

I am sorry if you misunderstood my comments...I am not gripping or crabby. All of your time and efforts on behalf of the club are always appreciated, but NO one expects you do everything for the club, ( you might enjoy having a bit of free time every once in awhile). It is not fair to expect you to take care of everything for the club and if there are other members that are willing to take on tasks that should be encouraged.
saturn

Post by saturn »

Big Papi wrote:Well now you all know how I feel after I made a suggestion/inquiry for doing our own event. I pretty much got nothing but crankiness from many individuals for my efforts when all I wanted was to get some people together to discuss the possibilities. Johnna is right there are too many cranky comments lately (mine included), lets get back to a positive and supportive environment. I will start it off rght here right now.

I value Johnna and Kevin's time, effort and commitment to their craft, skill and devotion to the Mini Club. GOOD for you guys and the work you do, please keep it up I think it really helps. :D :D :D :D :D
And I throughly enjoy doing it for my fellow Miniacs!
:cheers:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

ragtopday wrote:

OK Johnna, has enough time passed?

Dave (who also misses the days of friendly faces and gripe-free motoring - from everyone)
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Minidave wrote:
ragtopday wrote:

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:09 pm

OK Johnna, has enough time passed?

Dave (who also misses the days of friendly faces and gripe-free motoring - from everyone)
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"