kcminiacs.org set to expire Feb. 11

Info & Updates on Unofficial Club Funding, Supplies, etc...
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

kcminiacs.org set to expire Feb. 11

Post by KangaMINI »

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if you're aware of it or not, but the clubs original domain name kcminiacs.org is about to expire. We've had the domain set to kcminiclub for quite some time, but if you want to retain the original kcminiacs.org name please let me know and I'll go ahead and re-register it for another year and we can deal with the administrative stuff later. About the only reason I can think of to keep the domain name is so that someone else doesn't register it and cybersquat on it.

-Rich
KangaMINI
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: kcminiacs.org set to expire Feb. 11

Post by Minidave »

If it doesn't cost much, maybe keep it just to keep there from being any confusion with someone else doing a similar site?

Otherwise, let it go....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

It's about $10 or $11 to register for another year, plus another eight bucks for private registration. I don't think there will be a rush to grab that domain for another group, just more along the lines of people setting up fake search result pages so that if someone goes to that, they might think that the club doesn't exist.
KangaMINI
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Rich--

I thought we took care of both domain names last year? Yes, we'll need to keep it. I saw some ancient club cards last week that have the original domain name--folks hang on to stuff forever. :)

As we discussed last year when renewing, we don't need to pay the additional money for the private registration. I offered my P.O. Box so we can avoid that charge. If you'll send the registrar account name and password, we can directly renew on-line so we don't have to struggle getting payment to you like we did last year Rich. I recall you not receiving payment until weeks after it was mailed. It would be great if we could avoid the hassle for you.

If everyone agrees, let's renew for two years. Work for everyone?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
toeknee

Post by toeknee »

ragtopday wrote:Rich--

Sounds good.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yep.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Sounds good :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
LiLReD1

Post by LiLReD1 »

I heard good. :D
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

ragtopday wrote:Rich--

I thought we took care of both domain names last year? Yes, we'll need to keep it. I saw some ancient club cards last week that have the original domain name--folks hang on to stuff forever. :)

As we discussed last year when renewing, we don't need to pay the additional money for the private registration. I offered my P.O. Box so we can avoid that charge. If you'll send the registrar account name and password, we can directly renew on-line so we don't have to struggle getting payment to you like we did last year Rich. I recall you not receiving payment until weeks after it was mailed. It would be great if we could avoid the hassle for you.

According to my records, we renewed KCMINIAC.org and KCMINICLUB.com for 2 years on February 9, 2008 and then KCMINICLUB.com for 2 years again on 12/22/08 with no privacy fees.
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't gotten back - I hadn't received any notices from the forums telling me that there had been activity on this thread so I thought I'd check it one last time before GoDaddy recycled the domain name - and I'm glad I did!

What I have done is renewed the KCMINIACS.ORG domain for one year. That will make it good until 2/11/2011 which is 9 days before KCMINICLUB.COM will need to renew on 2/20/2011. So they will both be as close to in sync as we can possibly ever hope to have them, should you wish to keep them both in the future. If you want to keep costs down, that gives you a year to attempt to get other websites to update their links :)

Any questions please email me directly at kangamini@mac.com

Rich
KangaMINI
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Rich,
Let me know the final total so the club can reimburse you. Please PM you address while your at it.
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

It was only $8 for the one year, so don't worry about it :)
KangaMINI
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

KangaMINI wrote:It was only $8 for the one year, so don't worry about it :)
Are you sure Rich?
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

Yeah its not a big deal - I've spent more money on far more frivolous things so don't worry about it :mrgreen:
KangaMINI