Imagine Auto Spring Car Thing, April 5th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Wow! What a show! Only two MINIs in the show, but plenty (7 or more) in the spectator area. It was super to see everyone that came out.

The MINI and Mini in the show were shut out in the prizes for the Sport Compact class. I will never again poke fun at the Scions 'cuz that hard-to-miss Hot Wheels xB whomped up on us today. :) A 350Z took first in the class, with the xB as runner up.

Among interesting sites for me today were a Neon with Lambo doors, a blue Lamborghini (did y'all call that Robin's Egg Blue?), several Ferraris including one parked on the street :shock: , and more Porsches than I knew existed in KC. I only caught a quick demo from the Griot's rep but think I could almost use an orbital polisher now--they were letting people try it out on a black Porsche! Ylwjkt was at the show with her snazzy new Crossfire. It was so much fun to see a former Miniac and her prize-winning spouse. :wink:

So it was a slow start to car show season for the Mini community...Hopefully the upcoming Detailing Clinic will get us back on course. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I took some pictures at the show today. Congrats to Levi who won runner up. :) I'm surprised that Neon actually won something...it didn't look that great to me. I can't wait to show off my Mini some more but I need to come up with a sign or something that answers everyones questions so I don't have to keep repeating myself. LOL
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Counterfit_Mini wrote:I took some pictures at the show today. Congrats to Levi who won runner up. :) I'm surprised that Neon actually won something...it didn't look that great to me. I can't wait to show off my Mini some more but I need to come up with a sign or something that answers everyones questions so I don't have to keep repeating myself. LOL
Steph--

What about something framed in a simple photo frame? I made my sign with a plastic frame that is painted to match trim on my car. I went with plastic because of weather conditions. I had a foam-cor mounted sign before but it wasn't as durable and got dinged up, then sprinkled on but so far the framed sign is holding up much better. Plus I can change it easily with any additions/deletions to the car. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

That's a good idea. I was thinking about a dry erase board and writing everything on it but my handwriting sucks. LOL
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Did anyone else discover on Sunday that they had received a secret sunburn on their head and face from hanging out at the show on Saturday? :oops: Larry and I both have burned scalps and faces.

It was fun hanging out and chatting with everyone on Saturday BTW!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Laurie wrote:Did anyone else discover on Sunday that they had received a secret sunburn on their head and face from hanging out at the show on Saturday? :oops: Larry and I both have burned scalps and faces.
While working yesterday morning, it was pointed out that my nose was beet red. And I packed sunscreen but never thought it was anywhere near warm enough or even sunny enough to warrant needing it. After getting burnt to a nice lobster red at AMVIV, you'd think I would have learned my lesson. :roll:

In addition to some good sunscreen, sounds like we need KC MINI club hats! :)
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

My grey hair's too thick to get a sunburn on top and I think the color reflects the sun's rays well......... :lol:

Tis the season to start using sunscreen again, at least they was sunshine for a change!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Laurie wrote:Did anyone else discover on Sunday that they had received a secret sunburn on their head and face from hanging out at the show on Saturday?
Yeah I noticed when I got home that night. I was wondering why my face felt hot... :roll: :oops:
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

ragtopday wrote: never thought it was anywhere near warm enough or even sunny enough to warrant needing it.
That was our thoughts. Plus, I don't think we thought we would be there 3.5 hours!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS