DRAGON 2008

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

So how was the trip? Did everyone have a great time? Post your picks so some of us can live a little vicariously thorough those of you that went :wink:
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

on the way back today - will have some pics to post either Wednesday or Thursday.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

We got back last night. We are just now unpacking and then I have to get the pictures transferred to my computer. I will post later when when they are ready :D
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
14 Paceman S All4, Starlight Blue/White, Fully loaded, JCW Steering Wheel
David & Debra
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

We returned Monday late afternoon after spending time in Charlotte and Asheville,NC. We had a very good time at Fontana Village visiting with 400 other MINI's. The Brew Swap was a hoot. I won a Whalen Shift Machine in the raffle. We had a great time partying with everybody at Johnna's cabin by the FIRE.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Dragon

Post by BLUGOOSE »

That's what my butt was doing by the time I got home.(Dragon that is.) Had a great time,spent too much money and had a little too much beer. :cheers: Lots of great looking MINIs. Saw a MINI that had fliped front to back. Didn't think that was possible,and they said it happened at only 5mph. Hope everyone arrived home in one piece :thumbsup2:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I have uploaded some pictures to here. I had a good time. We took a number of trips down the Hellbender and the Dragon. We also went to see some waterfalls. There were a lot fewer people there this year than last so the roads were much less crowded although we always seemed to get stuck behind a minivan or SUV. Fontana had its problems, there was a fire started by an electrical short which took out power to the entire resort. We got power back in about 10 hours but never did get cable TV back. This was the first time in 2 years that we did not have rain on either the trip down or back so that was a big positive :D
09 Clubman S LB/B, 3 Pkgs, JCW Wheel, JCW Tuning Kit, H&R Springs, ALTA 19mm swaybar
David & Debra
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Very cool pictures. BTW, this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14968407@N ... 921885661/) is called a T-Rex trike...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Very cool pictures. BTW, this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14968407@N ... 921885661/) is called a T-Rex trike...
We were all wondering what it was, and we all wanted to drive it :D
David & Debra
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

We're back in KC after a marathon one-day trip back with Bentley. More later...unfortunately work calls after a week away from e-mail and cell access. :)

Quick edit: Pics are up at killboy, us129photos and zeephoto. And uh, yeah, I made the blog at killboy but not for my helmet antics. :lol:
http://killboy.blogspot.com/
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

I notice that Stub-e made the Killboy blog also :thumbsup:
David & Debra
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

So did someone else! Pic title was "Sparkly"! :lol:

Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24366678@N07/

pictures,evidence,or blackmail of the fun we had
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

David & Debra-

WOW, those pics are great. It looks like you guys had a great time, the terrain and roads remind me of some areas in Central California near Monterey where I use to live and in the hills and mountains of Southern California.
ddmini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ddmini »

Bernard Cline wrote:David & Debra-

WOW, those pics are great. It looks like you guys had a great time, the terrain and roads remind me of some areas in Central California near Monterey where I use to live and in the hills and mountains of Southern California.
Thanks. This year was not the Smokey mountains at their best. The drought in the area has left a lot of dead or sick trees. As pretty as the area was, the last couple of years were even better.
Last edited by ddmini on Wed May 07, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David & Debra
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Davester wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/24366678@N07/

pictures,evidence,or blackmail of the fun we had
OMG--I saw your mention of blackmail and panicked--I was so relieved to find no photo evidence of anyone dancing on the coffee table at the legendary cabin party. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

just wait until we introduce Phase 10 at the next MINI gathering :D
Bentley

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

But how could we play without Ron?Who would explain the rules? :help:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

:D

I thought you had the rules figured out! :D
Bentley

formerly:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

that was RONALD--- not Ron!!!!

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Davester, do you want to work on your brakes this weekend?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Dave-- you've got a PM
Last edited by davester on Fri May 16, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Motor Trend has their review of the Dragon on NAM.
http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/ev ... index.html

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Davester wrote:Motor Trend has their review of the Dragon on NAM.
http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/ev ... index.html
Thanks for sharing that. At least one KC MINI and one KC Miniac are shown in the pics. Yay!