May DayZ Cruise, May 24th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

May DayZ Cruise, May 24th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Another really fun opportunity, courtesy of Dan at the Heart of America Z-Car Club:

"Every May I take the club on a day trip. This year we'll be touring up to Atchison and points beyond with stops including St. Joe. I'm also inviting the Audi Club, one of the local Miata clubs, and you folks. Navigators are not required.
Speeds will be "leisurely" at mostly the posted speed limits. My purpose for that is 2-fold. #1 is that I want this to be a relaxing, low stress event and trying to see who's the fastest defeats that. #2. Some of our member's cars are 30+ years old and, understandably, they don't want to push their cars.
Two-way radios are suggested."

It's nice when other clubs invite us to join in their events and I hope we can return the favor on some of our events, too. This day trip sounds like a really fun drive. Anyone want to go?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yes!

Gonna hafta check the calendar..........

BTW, would it be possible to put up some sort of interactive calendar to the site where we could add events for others to plan off of?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

Minidave wrote: BTW, would it be possible to put up some sort of interactive calendar to the site where we could add events for others to plan off of?
I've submitted a request to our web admin for a calendar that will integrate events and other items.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Cool!
Thanks!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

It sounds like a fun event. I'll think about it. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Bernard Cline

CAlendar idea :)

Post by Bernard Cline »

This sounds like fun, I will need to check my calendar though, May is a busy month for me with 3 kids. I do want to participate in some evnets this summer so a calendar with links to those events would be ideal. Let me know if I can help, thanks.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Hi everyone. I am Dan with the Heart of America Z Car Club. I extended this invitation to Johnna who passed it along to you. Thanks Johnna. BTW, Johnna and I are fellow "Buffalo Runners".
As already mentioned this event is intended to be a low stress event. We have some old Z's in our club and I know you have some old Mini's and we want everyone to drive at a comfortable pace.
We'll caravan up to Atchison for lunch. I don't know if I'll be able to set aside a restaurant for lunch-especially not knowing how many to expect.
From there we'll proceed north and eventually will stop in St. Joe before heading back to Kansas City. Participants are free to leave early if needed.
I think you'll enjoy the ride and hopefully will experience some towns and roads that are new to you.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
More details later.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

If you are planning to attend on Saturday, please drop Dan a message with number of cars and people.

Thanks, Dan, for including our club in another fun activity!!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.