Tom Gregory Rally, June 14th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tom Gregory Rally, June 14th

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Another great invite from Dan...(thanks for including the MINI club, Dan!!)

Tom Gregory Rally June 14, 2008 Invitation

The Heart of America Z Car Club invites you to join us Saturday, June 14, for the annual Tom Gregory Rally. This rally is in memory of Tom Gregory, one of the charter members of the Heart of America Z Car Club.

We will be meeting at the parking lot across the street from the McDonald’s at 106th & Parallel, Kansas City, KS. This is on the north side of The Legends Shopping Center near the Kansas Speedway.

Registration opens at 1:00 p.m.

Driver’s meeting at 1:30 p.m.

First car leaves about 1:45 p.m.

Approximate ending time is 5:00 p.m.

Without divulging too much information, I’ll just say that your route will take you along some scenic back roads-all of which are paved. Unlike a Time-Speed-Distance rally where you have to log in at checkpoints at a particular time, driving at a set speed, etc., this is a Decision/ Confirmation rally. You’ll be directed to an intersection where you have to make the decision which direction to go. You’ll then be given a Confirmation that you have gone the correct way. The only criteria in determining the winner is distance driven. Whoever comes closest to the official distance without going UNDER, will be declared the winner. Total distance will be less than 1 tank of gas.

You won’t need a stopwatch, computer, etc. What you will need is a pencil/pen and a navigator. YOU MUST HAVE A NAVIGATOR!

At the conclusion, there will be a “Survivors Party” held near the finish line where the winners will be announced.

SPECIAL NOTE #1: In the event of inclement weather, I’ll be test driving the route Friday, June 13 to verify all roads are still open, etc . Please monitor our website www.hazcc.com under the “Social Events, Gatherings Media” section in the event I postpone the Rally.

SPECIAL NOTE #2: You do NOT have to drive your “fun car” to participate. Drive your family car or pick up if you want. We just want you there.

Z ya there!

Dan McConnell

Heart of America Z Car Club
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Thanks Johnna.
If you have any interest in the Buffalo Run, the format for this Rally is the same as has been used in the past on "The Run". It will be great practice for the real Buffalo Run.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

Reminder. Hope to see many of you there.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Who's going? I might be interested in driving or navigating.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I might be interested in driving or riding, as well.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Thanks for the invitation, but my navigator and I have to attend a family event. (We would rather be motoring in the rally) :wink:
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Sorry, but I am out. We (my son and I) have a baseball tournament starting that weekend and they are playing for the title.