Plumber Recommedation?

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
JohnBLZ

Plumber Recommedation?

Post by JohnBLZ »

Anyone have a good recommedation for a plumber? I made the mistake of calling three in for bids of a simple shower fixture install (bathroom down to the studs right now).

Roger the plumber charged me $40 for the estimate and then told me it'd be $625...I showed him the door...very promptly :evil:

#2 and #3 were both around the same price ($225) so I had #3 just do the work...no BBB hits that I saw.

Needless to say I'm less than impressed with the work and I wasn't home when he finished up...wife paid with check (grrrrrrr ) and now I'm getting pushback on them fixing their half-ass work.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I know a pretty good one from my work at the hardware store, but he's in South KC. I don't know if he's in the book or not - Avery the Plumber.

DD
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Thanks, I'll look him up.

Cancelled the check today, discovered drywall damage to boot. Why is an honest contractor so damn hard to find?
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

If you are still looking, I know a good one.
Depends on what area you are in though ...........to a degree.

PM me if you are still in need.
Thanks
Alicia
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

JohnBLZ wrote:Thanks, I'll look him up.

Cancelled the check today, discovered drywall damage to boot. Why is an honest contractor so damn hard to find?
Filed the initial paperwork and stopped the check, notified the contractor in writing and had an almost immediate complete 180 in attitude from the company. They came out and took care of everything to my satisfaction, very apologetic and educational.

Almost made me feel bad I complained they were so nice. I'd give them a second try.