Tour de KC, turned K5 Run for Saturday 19th @ 11am and 7pm

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

OK, we should be there for the 11am one. Where at Baron exactly? The parking area by the Mini's I assume....
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I can't afford $13.00 for a movie no matter how good it is. For that kind of money I can take most of my family to the movies. I'll wait for it on HBO if I have to I have a 52" widescreen HDTV.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

by the minis....I'll be there around 10:45...waiting...is there anyone wanting to do the 7pm one? not a big deal, if no one shows up l live a mile away from baron so it really doesnt impact me that much.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Bad news...I am out for tomoroow morning! :cry:
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

so what is the detail scedule plan for the 11 am run and the 7 pm run?

Apparently, Batman tickets at IMAX is sold out this weekend so I am not going to see it until next week.

FYI Bernard, the IMAX ticket is $8 during weekdays and weekend before 4 pm but on weekend after 4 pm is $13.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

aris_poerwanto wrote:FYI Bernard, the IMAX ticket is $8 during weekdays and weekend before 4 pm but on weekend after 4 pm is $13.
ok thanks for the FYI, also we need to get more people on facebook to race, I am getting tired of racing you. I need more money for my upgrades, I 'll PM you and we should figure out something.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

I hope we can still make it. Pretty sure I'm coming down sick though. Could just be lack of sleep + too much time in a theater, we will see tomorrow.

FYI: I saw Dark Knight twice tonight (one iMax, one regular), its well worth your money.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Schedule will be the same for both,

11 or 7 : Meet at Baron

Leave

Drive K5 to leavenworth

Decide if you want to eat lunch /dinner

Drive back through K5 back to your homes.
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

I'll be there for the 11am run.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Anyone doing the 7pm run? If I don't see any posts before 6:30, its canceled.
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

I will be there at 11 then.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

A little early, but 7pm canceled, we had a good run besides a slight accident with aris....I'll let him explain what happend.
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

yup an accident.

Picture this, I was powersliding on a 20 mph corner cause i lost traction due to gravel and my back tires being a bit worn out. I hit a big turning sign

My front passenger side was scrap off, i need a new hood, front bumper and head lights.

How much do you think that will cost? I am thinking about $3k
but thank God I have insurance.

I will try to post some pictures

Aris
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

K5 is fun until it turns into to 5K. Glad nobody got hurt.
kraydl

Post by kraydl »

What I can't figure is why the airbag didn't go off.
Last edited by kraydl on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

sorry to hear about your car. thank god for that little piece of paper in our glovebox we are required to have, but never think we will use.

no airbag huh? do the new mini's have a "airbag off" deal that you put your key in and turn to manual shut it off, or did yours just not deploy? good thing you didn't need it.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

kraydl wrote:What I can't figure is why the airbag didn't go off.
Probably wasn't going fast enough to cause the sensors to think they needed to deploy..
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

well i didnt hit it head on. i think i was going like 30 mph when i hit the pole. I wish that pole wasnt there. should have done more run at the track in that way if i make mistake i wont hit anything on the side and plus the road is clean.
saturn

Post by saturn »

Glad to hear that you're ok Aris!! Now get tires with a little meat on them eh?