I sold both Minis!!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

I sold both Minis!!

Post by MiniManiac »

And I replaced them with this!!!

Just kidding. I am actually selling the Saab tomorrow and hopefully the Rover within the next month.

Yes, the Honda is now sitting in my driveway. It is actually a pretty cool vehicle for a family.

:cheers:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I agree, when i have kids and require a mini van, Honda is the way im going. I drove/rode in a base model one from Orlando and it was awesome!
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Dude you scared me.

If I have kids and need a Mini van I still wouldn't buy a mini van. LOL
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Dude you scared me.

If I have kids and need a Mini van I still wouldn't buy a mini van. LOL
Everyone says that (especially me), however now that I own one I wish I would have bought it instead of the Land Rover.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
monza

Re: I sold both Minis!!

Post by monza »

MiniManiac wrote:I am actually selling the Saab tomorrow and :
Ahhhh, that is saad indeed. I have to do the same. Im getting way to many vehicles and my beloved 9-5 Aero is up on the chopping block...I shall miss thee.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Well let me impart some wisdom on those Mini-van owners to be.

I have had two of them, one I loved and one was a piece of s**t, do your research. I had a friend that had a Honda and he is not known for making rash decisions but less than 3 years after having it he dropped it for a Honda Pilot and says that he was glad he did. Seats the same and has space and 4WD, personal opinion.

The Mini-vans are good to have with kids though, but don't expect them or Mom to keep it clean like your Mini. Kool-aid stains, fruit snacks, crackers and that funky smell plus with the strollers and car seats you need that big of a vehicle just to go to the store it is a necessity in this day and age. Mine are 6, 10 and 17 and I do not miss those days of the Mini-van.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

As a MINI/Minivan owner myself, I wish I had a Honda instead of the Kia I have. It's not a bad car, mind you, but my family is up to the 10th Honda since 1980 and if I had to have a van that's what I wanted. However the Kia was cheaper new then a 3 year old Honda was, and since it was a gift, I can't complain much.

Let me contribute to anyone shopping vans, however. Go ahead and buy the 3 year old Honda instead of the new Kia. In 28 years and 10 cars, I've never seen a Honda go to the shop for anything other then routine maintenance, to fix something that would have been prevent with routine maintance, or accident repair. In 3 years my Kia has been 5 times. We got the Kia in part because of the 100k mile warranty. Now I know why it's there. It NEEDS it.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Honda is the way to go, however they are not cheap. This is a 2007 with 12K miles on it. I found it on Autotrader from a private seller. I got it for a price I couldn't pass up. That is why I currently have a used car lot in front of my house :).

In college, I had a Honda CRX. I bought it with 60K miles on it and sold it with 140K miles on it. The only thing I did was change out the clutch, nothing more. I have no doubt that this Honda won't be any different.

I looked at alternate SUVs and such (I really didn't want a Mini Van) but nothing offered the space and ease of access as the Mini Van. My kids are a bit older (5 and 7) so we shouldn't have too much of a mess in the Van. Besides, my wife is a neat freak like me!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Does your Honda have the flip-up tray between the front seats and does it still look like an aftermarket bolt on piece?
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Big Papi wrote:Does your Honda have the flip-up tray between the front seats and does it still look like an aftermarket bolt on piece?
Yes it has that thing.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

MiniManiac wrote:
Big Papi wrote:Does your Honda have the flip-up tray between the front seats and does it still look like an aftermarket bolt on piece?
Yes it has that thing.
You would think they would have done a better job with that?
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Big Papi wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:
Yes it has that thing.
You would think they would have done a better job with that?
It looks ok. I am very impressed with the overall design of the vehicle to include the driving experience.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

What's it like driving it after being in a Mini? Do you feel like a U-boat commander?

Good chioce, if I went with a Mini Van again I would go the same way. If I do go to a Mini Van again, please shoot me. I love my kids but do NOT want more.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Big Papi wrote:What's it like driving it after being in a Mini? Do you feel like a U-boat commander?

Good chioce, if I went with a Mini Van again I would go the same way. If I do go to a Mini Van again, please shoot me. I love my kids but do NOT want more.
My Saab isn't a small vehicle either. We also have the Land Rover and the classic Mini. The R56 is HUGE compared to the classic, so I am used to going from different types of vehicles. Each one has their purpose :).
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

The Honda "toaster" is a wise family choice. Practical, highly functional kid transporter. If it's raining like crazy, hit the remote for the sliding doors and everyone leaps in. No getting soaked while opening a different door for each child & fussing with child seats & boosters in a downpour. AND, for those of us who actually care about not damaging other's cars with door dings, there's no worry that the youngster will lose control of a door(think typical SUV) and bash the car you've just pulled up to. I see this all the time with SUVs :x

My thoughts on Range Rovers? Heavy, expensive and broken. Who would miss that?

Two mini/MINIs and a toaster-- awesome!
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up