Great News - I've a new job; back in the Financial World...

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Big Papi

Great News - I've a new job; back in the Financial World...

Post by Big Papi »

Dear KC Mini Club Members:

You've probably given some thought to your financial goals and dreams for the future. What you may not understand is that consistent, ongoing effort is necessary to achieve those goals. Ask yourself these simple questions:

What did I do yesterday to prepare for my financial future?
What am I doing today to prepare for my financial future?
Then why do I think that tomorrow I'll be financially secure?

The decisions and actions we take EVERY DAY can impact our long-term financial security. Give me a call now, and I can help you plan for the future using the Financial Needs Analysis (FNA) — at no cost to you! The FNA is a valuable resource that delivers personalized, in-depth information about your current financial status. It also presents options that can help you begin building financial security and realize your dreams. This service is complimentary and can mean the difference between financial difficulties or financial success for you and your family.

Please contact me any time at (913) 375-0504 and I'll be happy to set up an appointment to complete the FNA with you. I think you'll be very pleased with both the information and benefits this tool can offer.

Sincerely,

Bernard Cline
Professional Financial Analyst
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

As long as there are terrorists in the world, I will always have a job :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

MiniManiac wrote:As long as there are terrorists in the world, I will always have a job :)
I second that.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

MiniManiac wrote:As long as there are terrorists in the world, I will always have a job :)

Saw your profile, what do you do or would you have to kill us if you told us :P :D
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Big Papi wrote:

Saw your profile, what do you do or would you have to kill us if you told us :P :D
I have done quite a bit during my 17 years of service. I am an Infantry Major serving at Ft. Carson. My job is the Battalion S3 (training officer) for a light infantry battalion. I am an Army Ranger, master parachutist, army jumpmaster, expert infantryman, combat infantryman and a slew of other things. I have been doing this Army thing since I was 18 years old and it is starting to wear on me. :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

MiniManiac wrote:I have done quite a bit during my 17 years of service. I am an Infantry Major serving at Ft. Carson. My job is the Battalion S3 (training officer) for a light infantry battalion. I am an Army Ranger, master parachutist, army jumpmaster, expert infantryman, combat infantryman and a slew of other things. I have been doing this Army thing since I was 18 years old and it is starting to wear on me. :)
In other words, he makes GI Joe look like a wussy. :twisted: No seriously, Seth is one of the great guys who has been all over the world, including Iraq, serving his country. Regardless of what your personal politics may be, Seth has one of the most important and respect-deserving jobs there are. :D

P.S. - Big Papi congrats on returning to the daily grind of the work force. :lol:
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Thank you for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it.

If anyone needs anything in the realm of finances please let me know and I can set something up privately. My company is a full-service supplier and we provide a Financial Needs Analysis (FNA), a working plan at no charge aka FREE to everyone.

I wanted to give an update because so many people have asked me lately. It is good to be back in Finance and Asset Management I am finding that I missed it more than I thought.
Last edited by Big Papi on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Seth-

That is a great job, at least one member and usually more of my family has served in the military since the colonial times of the militia and minutemen. Off the top of my head both of my cousins were in the Army as well as my Mom and Dad and I was going to serve in the Navy until I was diagnoised with a disability.

Oh yeah, my grandfather was a glider pilot in WWII for the US Army Air Corp (later USAF). Among other things he was required to fly gliders over enemy lines and skinny his way back however possible. He would haul besides men and equipment, supplies, document bags and stuff and report what he saw or did. Basically he was a 1st generation spy.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Seth-

Got any pics in your duds with the Mini?
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Big Papi wrote:Seth-

Got any pics in your duds with the Mini?
Nope. I do have plenty of pics from my tour in Iraq. I posted a bunch on here :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Big Papi wrote:
Oh yeah, my grandfather was a glider pilot in WWII for the US Army Air Corp (later USAF).
Checking in as a couple more offspring of Air Corp vets (my dad and John's grandfather). It's not often it's even mentioned anymore!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

It is a big deal in our house or at least to me. My grandfather died 36 years ago this month building a swingset for me when I was 3 yrs old. He is my guardian angel and I keep his flag from his burial cermony along with his black and white military photo in our living room. I also had his medals but someone in my family saw the need to lift them from my house and now they are lost or sold off. To me they were priceless and as a small boy it was my way of staying in touch with him after he was gone, they were a symbol of his achievements.

We also always have an American Flag flying in front of our house. I know my wife does not always understand why it is so important to me but when she does say something I remind her that her father served 2 tours in Vietnam as a Marine and mention my grandfather.

To every solider I meet or that drives past my house I always want them to know that I do understand and appreciate all that they did for me and my family and that my family has stood by their side since the on set of our great nation. If I could have I would have been there with them but since I couldn't I show my support and I am proud to say it anytime, anywhere.

(Sorry for soapboxing.....returning to my own thread of finances)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Big Papi wrote:To me they were priceless and as a small boy it was my way of staying in touch with him after he was gone, they were a symbol of his achievements.

We also always have an American Flag flying in front of our house. I know my wife does not always understand why it is so important to me but when she does say something I remind her that her father served 2 tours in Vietnam as a Marine and mention my grandfather.
I absolutely love talking to the remaininng WWII soldiers. The stories they have are absolutely priceless. I agree with you about the medals and memories from their time. One of my wife's neighbors acted as the terp for GEN Patton in France. He had duffle bags full of WWII memorabilia. Unfortunately, when he passed his daughter took it all to a local military shop and sold it for pennies. I would have given anything to have that stuff (I wouldn't have sold it).

It truly makes me happy to see folks appreciating and supporting the American servicemen/women. Each day I am amazed at the commitment these young kids make. Seeing them in combat was truly astonishing. Their drive and discipline is something you NEVER see in the papers. These young kids fighting the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are truly the greatest generation.

Now, I am done :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

No it is cool! I sounds like something we are both passionate about.

WOW, General patton that is awesome. Hey FYI...do you know about the WWII plans they have here in KC? It's a museum of working plans from what I know. I have seen plans in the sky at various times; a couple of weeks ago I was pretty sure I saw a P-51 and the Kansas City downtown airport use to have a Constelation which now that I think about it I heard it fly over last week. It has a real distinctive engine note signature because it has 3 engines on each side. It is kind of like the Shanook helicopters you here them because they have such a baratone to them.