Lewis & Clark Visitors Center in Nebraska City

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Lewis & Clark Visitors Center in Nebraska City

Post by kabootist »

This looks cool, I've wanted to go for awhile. This will probably be a 8 hour + trip because we might also want to just go all the way to Omaha and visit the Mini dealer there. And prior to returing eat somewhere in the Old Market in Omaha. links below.

http://www.oldmarket.com/
http://www.mrb-lewisandclarkcenter.org/index.html

Dates: Any saturday really, Sometime in early October might be good. Just throw out some suggestions.
Last edited by kabootist on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Would this be a good fall trip, or cooler weather trip?

Just asking, I agree it would be a good drive and I'd like to see the Museum too.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

yeah, i agree. this would be a great fall trip, and its bound to be a gorgeous drive in nebraska once the leaves start turning.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Sounds good, Im just throwing out dates, at least have something to start with, I dont want to not attach a date to something.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

id say hold off on dates. who is interested though in the fall sometime? late September if it cools off some, or early/mid October? this is a great idea though.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Usually the weather's mostly nice right thru early December, but then you start getting people busy with the holidays........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

This would be great in the fall, I could see this happening.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Anyone want to Mix a Track day in with this?

Friday Oct 3rd do the Fast Fridays at MAM and do the Omaha thing and on the way back to KC hit the L&C thing in Neb city on the 4th, probably go to the mini dealer on sat.

This would be a Mini-MINI weekend. Omaha is a pretty cheap town hotel wise....probably 40-50 bucks a night through priceline and we can do half day at MAM which is 80 dollars. I know its sounding expensive but you can do just the saturday run or hang out in Omaha while some of us are at the Track.

If we can agree on a date, then I will contact some of the Omaha Mini-ers and maybe we can do an Apollo-Soyuz meet up thing.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

theres a gorgeous lodge in nebraska city called Lied Lodge. just google it. i was supposed to go up there for a school retreat that didnt end up happening, and i think the rooms were a little over 100 a night, but its a great place (hiking trails, etc). just an idea.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I went to high school in Nebraska City. The Lied Center is a very attractive place, although the rooms are a little small and it's a bit pricey for a town of 8,000.

The Lewis and Clark Center is quite nice and worth a visit. There is also an excellent park that includes the stately (for Nebraska) home of J Sterling Morton, originator of Arbor Day. There are also some brick streets and some nice old homes on 2nd Avenue. Valentino's pizza is a must while in Nebraska. Wyuka Cemetery has some interesting gravesites, so much so that it has been featured in magazines.

Omaha has one of the nicest zoos in the country. The Henry Doorley Zoo will not disappoint anyone.

Don D