Powerboat races @ Lake of the Ozarks Aug 23

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Powerboat races @ Lake of the Ozarks Aug 23

Post by kabootist »

Not too sure who would be interested, but the drive down to the Lake with all its twistyness is enough to make me want to go. Powerboat races are more a time trial thing but if you have never seen huge boats go 200 mph+ down the lake, it sounds like lots of fun. I haven't decided as to making this a 2 day thing, but I guess that just depends on who is interested and what we can come up with.

Powerboat day is Sat. August 23rd
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Definitely a 2 day thing, but getting a room could be iffy.........

I was trying to talk dimini into organizing a drive in the Missouri twisties, but I think he was hoping his chipmunk pickup would be here by this summer and he wanted to drive it on this one.......
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I will be out all next week due to Strugis but If by that time we get some more interest, I'll see what I can do about making an overnight trip out of it.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I know of a great road down there.

My family lives down there all year and the road to go from 5 Hwy to the damn over the bridge is awesome!!! I have been wanting to make that run for a while now, but haven't been able to get down there, however, I may be able to in August.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Anyone willing to skip the powerboat race and just turn this into a day drive out to central MO and drive the twisties?
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Actually, I think I may be going down to Lake of the Ozarks Aug. 9 & 10 to do a little business. The kids are at my wifes parents for that weekend so my wife, dog and I are going down and I think I am finally gonna get to drive that super twisty road in the R56. If there are any takers please let me know. I am thinking that a morning run would be the best before it gets busy and you have to slow down behind traffic.

Interested ????......
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I am going down on Saturday morning very early and coming back on Sunday night.

Is there anyone interested in running some of the roads down there, I know a great one that is very ccccuuuurrrrrvvvyyyy and hhhhiiillllllllyyyy? :?: :?: :?: :D :D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: