Mount Sunflower Trip

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Mount Sunflower Trip

Post by kabootist »

This is probably my craziest propositions of them all.....A trip to Mount Sunflower in EXTREME western Kansas, with an elevation of 4039 feet, it is the highest point in Kansas. The largest ball of twine and other random stops on the way out there might make it a bit more interesting. Surprisingly there are lots of places to stop and check things out on the way there.

Coronado Heights just south of Salina, KS (Lindsborg)
Cheyenne Bottoms in Great Bend, KS (Wildlife preserve)
Larner Crazy People Prision in Larner, KS (I cant spell)
Boot Hill in Dodge City, KS, If we feel like driving a bit extra.
Birthplace of Everyone's Best friend Bob Dole in Russel, KS
Lots of Wheat and Cows and Flatness in all the way there.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I would NOT be up for this, I just drove all the way across Kansas, both directions. Once a year is plenty........... :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I figured I would throw it out there, cant hurt...its not the best of ideas but I figured something could come from it. Maybee a Trip down to Wichita for a Wranglers (Minor League baseball, yes i know Tbones are here) and then drive back.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

You might reach out to PunkMini. He might be able to give you a tour since he live out that way.
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

kabootist wrote:I figured I would throw it out there, cant hurt...its not the best of ideas but I figured something could come from it. Maybee a Trip down to Wichita for a Wranglers (Minor League baseball, yes i know Tbones are here) and then drive back.
If the Wichita Wranglers were the Royals' AA team. they are no longer there. They moved to Springdale, AR.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
JRutherford

Post by JRutherford »

If you're looking for scenic drives in KS, you might want to consider highway 177 South out of Manhattan down to Butler county. Nice wide, 2 lane winding road, pretty country through the Flint Hills.
http://www.professionaltravelguide.com/ ... ons-754953

Btw, the Wranglers are indeed no longer in Wichita...though there is now the AA Wingnuts team: http://www.wichitawingnuts.com/
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I grew up around where you guys are talking about....I remember there being mentions of the Wranglers leaving, but never saw it go through. Anyway most of those suggestions are good, but I was thinking more of an excursion, but really I don't see much interest to go out there, so this is basically dead.