Black Hills South Dakota

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
kabootist

Black Hills South Dakota

Post by kabootist »

I have returned from my voyage to Sturgis and the Black Hills in South Dakota... This would make the perfect place to do a road trip to, with or without other Minis. There is so much scenery and if you have never been, this should be near the top of the list of places to go. Its about a 10 hour drive from Kansas City and It will be much more comfortable that a Harley. I've been during a time when Bike Week was not going on and it was just a sleepy as western kansas. During Bike Week, it was easily 100 motorcycles before you saw a car. I think we went about 4 hours before we saw a car at one time. I wasn't sure if this should go in the Road trip section but if someone wants to make a run up there, I can recommend some roads and sights, or join in and make it a grassroots road trip.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

My dad just got back from Sturgis and he said the scenery was great. I'd like to go up there to see mount rushmore.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

I love the Black Hills. I went there every year as a child and still have relatives there. There is some absolutely fabulous scenery (the Badlands, Sylvan lake, Spearfish Canyon) and, if you're lucky, you can even get stuck in the middle of a buffalo herd!

Sadly, and almost without attention, the poorest county in the whole United States is just south of there - Pine Ridge, South Dakota. You can see the third world up close, if you wish, without leaving the US. It's an American tragedy.

I don't mean to be a jerk (well, only a little), but I own this tshirt:

Don D
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

The drive up there, just as you get into south dakota in highway 83, there's some places that are pretty poor. I felt bad riding in a nice truck and towing 2 Harleys. I'm sure where you speak of is worse.