Countdown Begins!!!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Countdown Begins!!!

Post by DA MINI »

Placed my order today for a '08 "S". Baron had 3 allotments left for '08s so I just barely made it! MA is Aaron. Chili Red, checked cloth, sport package, MF steering wheel, armrest, limited slip and some rubber floor mats.
This is going to replace my '95 M3 as a hobby fun car. Age has it advantages! I've had a long line of "clown cars" as my wife calls them.
Hillman Husky, Riley 1.5, Austin Cooper, Ford Cortina GT, Ford Capri,
Simca 1204, Mazda 323. Then there's other stuff. MGB, Mustang GT, Mercury Cougar, Volvos, Rabbit GTI, Ford wagons BMW 1600, 2002 and 2002tii and many more!
We'll ( me, wife and dog) be at Sonic tomorrow. Usually eat there once a week and just had to wait to go this week! Will be in my silver Acura TSX. If any of you shop at Tiffany Town in P.V. you'll recognize me.
Delivery is in September (?)
Mr. F56
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Very nice!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

DA MINI-

Good to know you. We are right down the street from each other. I am in PV and I have been to Tiffany Town before. My oldest daughter use to go to the TCBY at the other end of the block all of the time, but she graduated this year from SM East and lives in Milano, Italy now. If you see Big Papi going down the road throw up the peace sign.

By the way do you hit the Bagel & Bagel across the street a lot, I love the cream cheese.
MiniVespa

Re: Countdown Begins!!!

Post by MiniVespa »

DA MINI wrote: If any of you shop at Tiffany Town in P.V. you'll recognize me. Delivery is in September (?)
P.V. as in Parkville? If so, I go to school at Park, so keep your eyes peeled for my black classic mini and looking forward to seeing yours when it comes in!
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Sorry, my bad I meant Prairie Village I keep forgetting about Parkville also being referenced but no he is talking about Tiffany Town in Prairie Village Shops. :oops:
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Hey Ryan are you bringing your Mini to Sonic tonght I know a lot of people want to see it?
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

Big Papi wrote:Hey Ryan are you bringing your Mini to Sonic tonght I know a lot of people want to see it?
Yes sir, I will be there. If there are people wanting to see it, I better give her a bath today :D
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Big Papi is getting one as well.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Dude! My very first car was a '56 Hillman Husky. :)

Don D
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

I bet that was a real chick magnet back in the day---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Oooo la la! :)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Surf's up Dude!
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Countdown Begins!!!

Post by DA MINI »

Don D, It's hard to tell from the picture, but if your Husky had a chrome grill it was mine! I owned it in 1960-61. The car was not a chick magnet - I was! :D
Enjoyed seeing all the MINI's and Mini last night. My wife loved the dark silver, so off to Baron to change the color.
Mr. F56
DDodge

Re: Countdown Begins!!!

Post by DDodge »

DA MINI wrote:Don D, It's hard to tell from the picture, but if your Husky had a chrome grill it was mine! I owned it in 1960-61. The car was not a chick magnet - I was! :D
Enjoyed seeing all the MINI's and Mini last night. My wife loved the dark silver, so off to Baron to change the color.
The car in the pic was not mine. Mine was red/white when I got it - and I painted it brown. Looked like a little chocolate drop, or something else small and brown. :) I drove it from '63 to about '67.

Don D
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

A call to ASK MINI tells me that production of my car is to be completed
8-16-2008. That's progress!
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yay!

After that, what's shipping time?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

DA MINI-

I just had a chili red MCS R56 loaner car while mine was in for routine service. It was my first experience driving the Gen II MINI. Wow, it's a little torque monster. Judging by seat-of-the-pants fun, I'd say it's on par with my '06 JCW version (and without the extra cost).

Sounds like you'll be driving it very soon. I think the shipping process is about 5 weeks, right?
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

Took 7 weeks to get mine. Was WELL worth the wait. :)
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

According to my MA actual production started last night at 11:38 PM.
MINI Owner Lounge is now showing a VIN!
Once its built I'll worry about shipping. Think I need another test drive.
BTW, has anyone had Todd do stripes independent of Baron?
Mr. F56
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

DA MINI wrote: BTW, has anyone had Todd do stripes independent of Baron?
Yup - He's the man.

Don D
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

DA MINI-

This question has come up several times this summer. I don't know if Todd is in town this week so let me flag it for him. The last time someone asked if he could do work independent of Baron he said yes but recommended that they go ahead and go through Baron to schedule it. He said that the cost is almost exactly the same plus if this a new car and the work will take some time they can probably set you up in a loaner.

Fantastic work by the way, he is the only person I will let do graphics on my car. There are some pics in a thread listed as "Big Papi around town" :?: :?: earlier this summer and I included a picture of the union jack he put on my car.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Stopped in to Baron today for a visual fix. That CR JCW is awesome!
Ask MINI told me last night that my car was in the paint shop. I don't think that gets updated past weekday office hours. Rick checked for me and his info showed that it had been signed over for shipping. Possible 2-3 days at dock, 13 days at sea, 2 at VDC and 2 on the truck. So mid September any how! :D
Mr. F56
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Stopped in to Baron today for a visual fix. That CR JCW is awesome!
Ask MINI told me last night that my car was in the paint shop. I don't think that gets updated past weekday office hours. Rick checked for me and his info showed that it had been signed over for shipping. Possible 2-3 days at dock, 13 days at sea, 2 at VDC and 2 on the truck. So mid September any how! :D
Mr. F56
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Delivery today!!!!!! I am loving it! Hopefully I can show it off Thursday.
Got some pictures, but don't know how to post. Can e-mail to someone that can.
Mr. F56
saturn

Post by saturn »

DA MINI wrote:Delivery today!!!!!! I am loving it! Hopefully I can show it off Thursday.
Got some pictures, but don't know how to post. Can e-mail to someone that can.
Hey DA MINI, was that the dark silver with black viper stripes with light gray accent stripes I saw in the "customer delivery" room at Baron around 2:00 today?