Heartland Park Touring Laps - Sept 10th

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Heartland Park Touring Laps - Sept 10th

Post by Minidave »

Last Touring Laps event of the year at HPT, last chance to get your need for speed fulfiled! :lol:

Who's going? So far I have seen interest from........

Minidave
dimini
kabootist
chknl
Laurie
Sundance

Let's see if we can get a real MINI turnout for this event!

Anyone who hasn't run this before and is fence straddling, feel free to ask here or to PM or call me with any questions......it's a really fun event and unless you do something really stupid you will not hurt your car!

Let's motor! Image
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

it takes some talent to do something so stupid that you would hurt your car. Maybe we can setup a wrench day for anyone sitting on the fence that might need a last minute oil change or something, I know I do, so i can volunteer my garage, even though it isnt the best thing in the world.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I'm in, wheres the plan for lunch?

Maybe somewhere in Topeka? Timberline Steakhouse was good last time I went. If not, and we want to stick with the Legends area, I'd like to suggest Chipolte or Cheeseburge in Paradise
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

For me, I would rather eat out at the Legends than in Topeka. That way it has time to settle before I get out on the track.

I am always up for Chipotle and I am sure I could find something to eat at CBIP.

Speaking to the people who are on the fence about going, I say give it a try. This will only be my third time out there and I still plan on driving in the novice glass. I will say that there were a couple of a**holes last time that decided to pass when not being waved by and passed me in the wrong place before turn one. I happen to have an instructor in the car and the 2nd guy got black flagged and was pulled off the track. It wasn't anything that I didn't see coming, but they are pretty good at looking after the drivers out there.

Try it, you'll like it!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm with Laurie on lunch, and the point of using the Legends location was that it was a good gathering point so we could rally up to the track. Giving lunch time to settle before hitting the track is a good idea as well.

I'm looking for a good turnout for this last open event of the summer at HPT, so I hope a lot of KC MINIacs will join us!

PeteK?
Cory ? (I know you're still lurking here! :lol:)
Hagar?
Kraydl?
Saturn?
Alex?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I'm in! Can't miss the last chance to run HPT this year! Haven't registered yet but plan to this week.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
sliboa
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sliboa »

Yes, I'm still lurking, but not really finding much about which to post. I had a fairly busy summer, as I worked full-time and took a summer class. Unfortunately, my fall is going to be even busier. I'd love to go to HPT for one last run this year, but I'm terribly busy on Wednesdays, having work from 7am to 2pm and class from 3pm to 8:15pm. I don't feel comfortable in skipping any of the four classes I have on Wednesdays.

At least I was able to go to the first few track days this year. Hopefully I'll have another decent schedule in the spring next year so I can do it all over again.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm Cory and I'm CANADIAN
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Just registered so I'm committed!
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
petek

Post by petek »

Hoping to put everything together to make it out with the Cobra. If not the Cobra, the MINI.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'm preregistered.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

I gotta find a helmet...But I'm not really want to spend $200 on one. Anyone have an extra or know of a used one for sale that meets their requirements?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Go here... soloracer.com ,a new open face is right at $120 or so, or
motodirect.com , but be sure to get one with the correct Snell rating of SA2005 or newer or M90
Last edited by Minidave on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I bought mine for much less than that last year. Check the internet. Here mine is http://www.motodirect.com/servlet/Detail?no=317 only $68 before shipping. I think it even meets or exceeds the requirements.
~Laurie~

Race
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Race »

I need to check on a couple of things, but I am hoping to make it.
03 MINI Cooper, SS+, Koni Coilovers, Camber, 19mm Rr Bar, 225/45/15 BFG Rivals on 15x8 Rota RBs, GIAC, Custom K&N CAI, Magnaflow Header, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Corbeau Seat, MOMO wheel, G Force 5 pt harness.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

Officially registerededededed! Lets hope we get the high 70s to low 80s for that day! I'm rolling in the Novice class again, gotta learn how to drive another mini on the track...hopefully my sway bar doesn't fall off again.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

If Race can make it, try and get him for your instructor at least for one session.............and I hope MiniJayhawk can make it too - I'll send him a PM and hope he gets it in time.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Oh yes, I would love for RACE to instruct me at least one more time if he is willing! He was VERY helpful the last time.

I am registered and paid for September :D
~Laurie~

petek

Post by petek »

Nuts. Isn't going to happen for me afterall. You folks have fun and I'll see everyone at another event.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Would it cost anything to come watch & hang out?
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Join us for lunch and caravan down to Topeka. No cost to be a spectator and you can hang out in the paddock with us and talk about cars between sessions!
George

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Plus, too and also you can catch a ride with one of us or in one of the advanced driver's cars for a real thrill! So come on up!
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

One of us can probably loan you a helmet (if you don't have one) if you want a ride on the track, but you must also wear long pants!
George

kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

So I will need to take the day off work? Not sure on the timing of all this.

Yea, a ride around the track would be fun. Back when I had my SE-R I rode around at Texas Speedway since my cars brakes were in no shape for a run. :( Had a blast.

Hmm...this pants thing....have to work on that. Love me some shorts. :)
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

We usually meet for lunch (1:00) first then drive out to Topeka, so a half day off work would be good.

Here are the "rules" per the drivers packet. http://hpt.com//store/catalog/pdfs/07To ... Packet.pdf
~Laurie~

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

No cars will hit the track till 4:30, and it's just over a 1 hour drive to get there, so you could even leave work at 3:30 if need be. it would be more fun to meet us for lunch and caravan up tho! :lol: 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"