Was That You....

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

DA MINI if you want come by my house this weekend and you can drive my R56.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Last weekend: Town Center, Dark Silver Cooper S w/ checkered rearview & side mirror covers.

Tuesday: Gardner, Dark Silver R53 JCW on main. Forget the custom tag. Older guy driving.

Yesterday: Gardner, blue Cooper S. Blonde gal driving; she honked and waved.

And a bunch o' others I am forgetting.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Thursday 8-21 about 5:40 pm approx 97th & Nall. PW/PW with Viper stripes and shortly following a GP ( think it was different than one I saw last week)
Both were north bound & I was south bound.
Big Papi, thanks for the offer! I'll just go tear up Barons cars. :twisted:
Mr. F56
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Seeing lots of waves lately from my fellow motorers...including one from a very eye catching young lady driving a CR/B Cooper on I-35N around 67th 8)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Ryan saw you today at 5:45 in front of channel 4 news heading southbound on Southwest Trafficway
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

Green MCS with Black Stripes and Temp plates 435 North Bound by Parallel Parkway. Honked and waved....

Anyone here?
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

Big Papi wrote:Ryan saw you today at 5:45 in front of channel 4 news heading southbound on Southwest Trafficway
Who me? I wasnt down there. I met an older couple last weekend at the Smithville car show/town festival thing and they told me their son works at the apple store and drives a black classic Mini that is all tinted out. Maybe it was him?
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Sorry, my bad. It must have been him, but at a closing rate of 90 mph it does get difficult. I mean how many black late 80's Mini Coopers are there in KC.

Now that I think about it the driver was on the left side and not the right.

:oops: :oops:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I saw Marlow Main at Zona Rosa tonight around 6:30.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Where you in the "box" or Bumble Bee? Sorry we missed spotting you.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Blue Goose-

I saw you at Roanoke & Sothwest Trafficway Saturday afternoon at 3:45pm. Were you heading to the Obama Rally at the Liberty Memorial when I saw you? You waved, it was me Big Papi.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Marlow Main wrote:Where you in the "box" or Bumble Bee? Sorry we missed spotting you.
I was in my boyfriends white xB. I saw you drive by Granite City brewery. We were inside eating.
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
bfrance

Post by bfrance »

Tuesday, 10/14/08-About 6-6:30pm on I-35 sb just south of I-435: You were in a Dark Silver/Black R56 S with the JCW body kit on it. I had just picked mine up from Baron.

Saturday, 10/18/08-About 4:15-4:30pm, I-35 sb just south of the main Gardner exit: You were in a Silver R50 heading nb.

This game is fun!!!! :D

-Ben
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Sunday on the Plaza, across from the west side of Halls was a Blue MINI w/ DA MINI on the tags. (No MINI owner, but the car was clean and shiny :wink:)
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Sorry Big Pappi, I wouldn't waste the gas!!! :angrymonkey:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Spotted a bright yellow Classic yesterday around 3:30 headed North on Metcalf, then turning West onto 95th. Sharp car!
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
bfrance

Post by bfrance »

Monday morning, 10/27/08, about 7:25-2:35am. NB on I35 near the main Garnder exit. You were in a silver R5? Convertible, (first gen non-s, not sure on the nomeclature,) and passed me, both going nb.

-Ben
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Tuesday about 4:30 91st & Nall. DS/B Clubman S with black Motegi wheels. Young girl driving ( I am 67, so anybody is young! ). This is a seriously hot looking car. Hope they join in KCMINI activities!
Mr. F56
longlivekel

Post by longlivekel »

I find it funny how you guys play wheres waldo with the new minis.. or like you spotted gold.. I see about 7 BINIs a day while goin to or coming from work.
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

longlivekel wrote:I find it funny how you guys play wheres waldo with the new minis.. or like you spotted gold.. I see about 7 BINIs a day while goin to or coming from work.
this is true but we like seeing familiar faces out on the road and they are certainly more rare than say, a honda civic.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

MiniX2 wrote:Spotted a bright yellow Classic yesterday around 3:30 headed North on Metcalf, then turning West onto 95th. Sharp car!
I might know who that it. Was it kinda rust looking mini??
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

Counterfit_Mini wrote: I might know who that it. Was it kinda rust looking mini??
It wasn't real rusty, just a little rough around the edges. Still a sharp little ride, putting right down the road. There's nothing like seeing a Classic on the move. Saw a couple in California last month.
"Moxie" Snowberry White RHD 1971 Austin Rover Mini, 1275cc engine, 10" GB wheels with Yokohama Aquos tires, Hella 500's, H9 graphics
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

LOL I might know who that was. I've been trying to get him to join the club but he said it didn't work when he signed up....
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

is his car yellow and have some visible bondo and stuff on the front end of the car and its kinda rough? the guy in his early 20s?

if thats who you are talking about, i met him at the all brit car show and his mini was in the lot. talked to him for about a half hour. seemed like a nice dude. if thats not your friend steph, then never mind. haha.
MiniX4 John
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniX4 John »

MiniVespa wrote:is his car yellow and have some visible bondo and stuff on the front end of the car and its kinda rough? the guy in his early 20s?

if thats who you are talking about, i met him at the all brit car show and his mini was in the lot. talked to him for about a half hour. seemed like a nice dude. if thats not your friend steph, then never mind. haha.
It wasn't the same Classic as the one I saw in the lot at the All Brit show unless a lot of work has been done to it in the last month. It was a little further down the road to restoration.