BMW Club DE at Hallett August 23-24 -- Join us!!!!!!

Meet-ups, happenings, MINI/Mini-friendly events organized by you!

Got an idea for a fun event? Post it here, make it happen!
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
MiniJayhawk

BMW Club DE at Hallett August 23-24 -- Join us!!!!!!

Post by MiniJayhawk »

2008 Regional BMW Club Driving School - "NO EXCUSES"

Both the Kansas City and Sunbelt BMW Club chapters are trying something new - joining together to offer a great driving school at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit.

2008 Regional BMW Club Driving School - "NO EXCUSES"
Kansas City BMW Club and the Sunbelt BMW Club

The KC BMW Club and Sunbelt BMW Club are proud to announce this special event. Hallett Motor Racing Circuit will be the venue for this year's driving school.

August 23-24th, 2008.

DE Students and Instructors
START YOUR ENGINES!

Spots (both student and instructor) for this event are extremely limited - register early to ensure your spot! Be a part of a very unique, exciting, and fun weekend with both your KC and Sunbelt friends!!

What: Regional (KC/Sunbelt) BMW Club HPDE
When: August 23rd, 24th, 2008
Where: Hallett Motor Racing Circuit - Hallett, OK

2 day (Sat&Sun) early bird Student Cost: $375?, 350?, 250? - How about $225!

At this price the event will fill up quickly. Register now. Don't be on the wait list!

Details are available here: KC BMW Club Website: kcbmwclub.com
Registration is available here: Motorsportreg.com
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Heeeeelllllllllloooooooooooooo!!!! :D Anyone interested? This would be a great road trip to the perfect track for the Mini.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Count me in. I'm trying to register now.

Now, who else from the Mini club is in? FYI - this is right outside Tulsa, OK.

All of you how have gone out to HPT for touring laps - I guarantee you this is for you. It's like that times 10!!!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Patrick,

Are you instructing again?
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Yes. Glad you can make it!!!! Now, help me convince the others it will be well worth their time and expense! :D
JRutherford

Post by JRutherford »

I don't believe I'll be able to make this event, but am very interested. Will there be a KC BMW CCA DE at Heartland next year?
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Don't know. Depends on whether or not Ray Irwin decides he wants to be a reasonable business man or not. Losing the Runoffs should cause him to rethink his tactics, but something tells me it won't.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

The drive to Tulsa is no worse than the drive to Omaha and I guarantee you that this is money well spent for an entire weekend on the track having fun.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I'm thinking about doing this since I'll be missing the August HPT. MiniJayhawk, do you know if we can have two drivers sharing one car and what would it cost?
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Yes you can and I think that pricing option is available when you register. If not, let me know and I will make sure we get that for you.
petek

Post by petek »

I might (maybe, perhaps) be able to make this event (gosh, I'd love to!).

Do you know if there is camping on site?
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Yes, I think there is. The gates open/close at certain times and allow camping/RV's. I'll check with soem of the organizers and let you know for sure.
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

I just confirmed that you can camp at Hallett. The gates open are open 7-7 each day. So, if you leave the track and come back after 7:00 you have to park outside the gate at turn 10 and walk in.

Hope to see you sign up!!!!!!
petek

Post by petek »

Nuts! Doesn't look like I'll be making this one; my youngest daughter gets her tonsils out on Wednesday and I figure I'd darn well better stick around for awhile. :)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Hey all,

this sounds like fun. I'm looking at the info right now and it appears it's not too late to get registered. I'm very close to signing up.

Hagar46 & Hctiev-- are you guys confirmed? Not that I need someone to hold my hand, but it would be fun to have a local caravan there.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

Do it!!!!! :D You guys will have a blast on this road trip. We are filling up fast, which means a great event, so sign up before it is too late!
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Ok, procedures are never as simple as you think. Have to be a BMW club member, $40--ok. Got to have the car safety inspected, perhaps by Baron, and that's apparantly free if you are a BMW club member (does this work for a MINI?--ok. Then, you have to sign up for an online account with MotorsportREg.com--ok. Then you have to have pre-approval to (to verify kc bmw membership?) with Greg. Once these things are in place, you go back to Motorsportreg to sign up with appropriate pre-certs...

Ok... call me a simpleton. It's 8/1/08, today. Is it too late to jump through the half dozen hoops in order to do this event? If the event is full up, I don't want to spend $40 mid season to the BMW club to find that I'm too late.

Anyone know the current status?
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

No, it isn't too late. Sorry, I have done so many of these that I forgot what is involved the first time you sign up for one through MotorReg. It isn't too late at all and is well worth it. the initial sign-up for MotorReg isn't as bad as it looks and once you do it, you don' thave to go through it again because it remembers all of your info. Let me know if you need any advice along the way.

The pre-approval shouldn't be any problem at all. I'll let Greg know something is coming and it won't be a problem.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Minijayhawk-

I'm trying to get more info on the event but can't seem to find details or schedule, etc. Is it a two or three day event? I presume it's two full days, with Friday evening/night being a smart time to arrive and be rested up for early Sat. a.m. start?

My car is due for service at Baron Tues. 8/5. Hopefully I could get the club membership confirmed before then and have Baron do the pre-cert checkup while doing my scheduled maint...

I saw a 7/31 deadline for earlybird registration discount. Any idea what the class regis. fee will be by the time I get my club membership approved?
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I really wanted to do this but like I said, events are conspiring against me in the month of August and I won't be able to do this or HPT this month. :cry: :cry:
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
MiniJayhawk

Post by MiniJayhawk »

dimini -- I responded to your personal message last night. 2 day event. Getting there Fri night is highly recommended (and more fun!!!). 8) Baron will take care of you on the inspection.
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I cannot make it to the event after all. Work calls, and being self-employed, I must respond.

I still have a green light for attending the 8/13 HPT touring laps... Are you attending that, Patrick?

(I have at least joined BMWCCA and registered with Motorsportreg, which will future events easier to sign up for...)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

MiniJayhawk, How was this event? I'm really bummed that I couldn't go to Hallett! I'll have to live vicariously by your report!
George