Rooftop Graphics

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Bernard Cline

Rooftop Graphics

Post by Bernard Cline »

I have a scratch on the back panel of the sunroof on Big Papi from when I bought him. As part of the "we owe" to me from Baron they have agreed to put on a free graphic of my choice. I asked about replacing the panel but according to them MINI will not cover that under the warranty. So I have 2 questions for all of you. 1.) Is not replacing the panel accurate and should I force it? 2.) I do want to put a graphic on him and if I go that route are there any suggestions? Let me know, thanks.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

If you want the graphic, then go that route. A scratch is not warranty, it's either a transportation problem or a dealership problem, my guess is that's why they're offering to do the graphic. I find that the factory shade doesn't block much of the sun, so a graphic would help with that.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
mzupon
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mzupon »

So do I see a big bright red Boston B sunroof in your future? The #34? A panorama of the Green Monster, perhaps?
-Zupon, OP MINIAC

Jack is THE Todd Pearson Signature Series #2 2006 MCSm HB w. Sport/Cold and iPod adapter.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I'd talk to Todd and see what he can do for you - he does some amazing stuff. Keep up posted!
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Well it has been a few weeks and the the graphic has been chosen and is on the R56. Todd did a Blackjack, which if you are not aware is a monochromatic union jack covering the suroof portion of the roof.

Big Papi is a pure silver R56 with a black roof so the choice of graphic looks awesome.

Thank you Todd!!!!
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Very cool. I can't wait to see it!
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Trying to get my digital camera fixed, once i is I will drop a pic to view.
saturn

Post by saturn »

Since we were on the subject of roof graphics! :wink:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Hey Saturn, does that help with the sunlight?

My inner shade barely cuts it on a sunny day.........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
saturn

Post by saturn »

Minidave wrote:Hey Saturn, does that help with the sunlight?

My inner shade barely cuts it on a sunny day.........
It cuts it down quite considerably! I'd say the shade alone cut's out about 25-35%, and the roof graphic another 25-35% so it definitely helps. If you're thinking about getting one, I have a PMS book and we can match the color (as close as possible) to your car, which is what I did. As far as installation, have it done by a professional, it's kind of a pain. I did mine myself (stubborn DIY'R) and after I got half way done, realized I had made a really stupid mistake and put the back on the front and visa-versa! :shock: I just left it that way as kind of a homage to my cheapness! :D
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

I would suggest talking to Todd with Todd Graphics, he did mine and it looks great maybe he can work a deal for you (don't know if possible just suggesting).

The yellow union jack looks nice, great color matching. :D :D :P
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

saturn wrote:Image
Since we were on the subject of roof graphics! :wink:
Very cool!! Whenever I get enough money I'm going to get some sort of roof graphic for my Mini.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Hey Saturn, Is this the yellow MINI I see in Liberty at Banta sitting on the edge of the parking lot :?:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
saturn

Post by saturn »

boxer wrote:Hey Saturn, Is this the yellow MINI I see in Liberty at Banta sitting on the edge of the parking lot :?:
The one and only! Formerly Banta, now RR Donnelley (cheap plug) :wink:
jcoop36
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by jcoop36 »

Is Todd Graphics local? What is his contact info? I looked around on all the posts and couldn't locate it, sorry if it is right under my nose somewhere around here - thanks.
Pepper White/Blk top '07 Manual MCS, Bonnet Stripes, Pac Blu Lthr/Carbon Blk Cloth, Prem, Conv, Cold, Color Line Blu Intr/Brushed Alloy, HIFI sys, Xenon HL
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

jcoop36 wrote:Is Todd Graphics local? What is his contact info? I looked around on all the posts and couldn't locate it, sorry if it is right under my nose somewhere around here - thanks.
Yes, Todd is local. He has done the graphics for several cars in our club (including mine). Here is the link to website. http://www.toddsmods.com/

You should be able to send him an email from his website or you can use the messaging within the KC MINI Club, his user name is Sundance.