Tires help :) thanks

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
chartlaw

Tires help :) thanks

Post by chartlaw »

Am confused with tire suggestions. I need to replace my original run flat tires on on 06 Cooper S. I just want one, year around set of all season tires (not run flats) surely there is one good, consensus, all around recommendation?? Maybe?
saturn

Post by saturn »

I just switched from run-flats, but before I did, asked the same question, Kuhmo Exsta's, I went with the AST's

Here is a quote : The Kumho's are a good choice except maybe you might have gone with the Ecsta ASX which are W rated ultra high performance tires. The Ecsta AST are a softer riding tire but they are a H rated. The sidewall is not as reinforced as much as the ASX and is causing the roll in the corners. However, the AST will last longer and ride smoother.

I got them from Treadepot.com for 80 each with free shipping. Mine are 18's so the price might be slightly different for different rim sizes.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I've been very happy with my Kumho Excsta's - I did get the ASX tho, only $83 each from Tire Rack when I bought them last year.

So far, the quietest tire I've ever owned!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

I also have an 06 and I switched to the General Exclaim UHP. The price point is good and they look nice. I've driven them in the snow and on the track and they've done very well.

Good luck.