November?

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

November?

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Anyone got suggestions for November's gathering? I'm stuck on this one and haven't heard any suggestions.

Johnna
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Is the wind farm an option?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:Is the wind farm an option?
The weather this time of year makes me hesitant. A dry spurt in Spring would probably be a little safer if that's alright with everyone. I think an early spring day trip including the full length of the Parkway in St. Joseph (which is completely open again!) then on to the farm area for perhaps a picnic lunch before driving back to KC would be lots of fun. I think March or April would be ideal.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I've received additional suggestions (from apparently shy folks :wink: ) for a Decision-Confirmation or gimmick style rally (both of which the club has ready to go) or a trip to Atchison for lunch/shopping or Weston to the brewery. Is there any interest or shall we scratch November?
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

this time of year seems certainly fitting for a weston run. the back roads from parkville to weston are nice and scenic.

whats that "k-??" road that leads to leavenworth a few of you have taken your mini's through? at least i think thats where it goes. does that run up that way, seeing how weston is just north of leavenworth?
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think you're talking about K-5
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniVespa

Post by MiniVespa »

yeah, K-5. that sounds right. does it end up in weston?
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

MiniVespa wrote:yeah, K-5. that sounds right. does it end up in weston?
No, but you can drive through Leavenworth and get to Weston.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
RBireta

November Event? How about the SCCA Road Rally November 9?

Post by RBireta »

The KC Region of the SCCA has a road rally scheduled Saturday November 8. (There is also a rally the next day in Lawrence on mostly unpaved roads). The start is at the Kansas Speedway, the end is at the brewery in Weston and the route between them features the more interesting (non-straight) roads in the area.

Members of the Mini Club get a $5 break on the entry fee.

There is a flyer posted in the Grassroots Gatherings section.

Come on out! I'll guarentee you'll have a blast.

Rich Bireta
KC SCCA
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

The Audi Club has a run to Weston on Sat Nov 1st, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if a bunch of MINIs tagged along. I'll be out of town this coming weekend or I'd certainly go ............
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"