74 MG Repair?

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
JohnBLZ

74 MG Repair?

Post by JohnBLZ »

Anyone know a good MG Mechanic in town? Decent rates?

My parents have one that they're having some difficulty getting worked on.
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

Can't say whether the rates are good because we didn't compare, but we've got a good mechanic for our '67 Sprite. Give me a day to find his info.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Right in Lenexa, KC Carriage and Motorworks.

Met the proprietor at the SCCA runoffs, I think he's forgotten more than most mechanics ever knew about an MG!

You want a good mechanic for an old car, find someone who worked on them when they were new! 8) :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

While I can't get closer to you then Lenexa, I highly reccomend Hurst Imports in Independence MO. He'll do anything imported, but he does lots of MG, Austin, and Triumph work and I think owns some of each. Roger, the owner, is a wonderful guy, knows his stuff, is old enough to be my grandfather and is still the first guy there and the last guy to leave every day. I'd have him do my MINI if he didn't have a fight with Baron about parts and tools, and swore off them.

I hate to sound like I'm gushing, and I certainly don't get anything out of it, but I'd trust him and his shop with any car I drive for any repair without a second thought. I won't say it's better then any shop I haven't ever used, but I can't imagine anywhere being better.
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Many thanks on the responses!